Dura vent chimney install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

domonic

Reaction score
I am new to this site and a new onwer of an Englander wood furnace. I was hoping to get a little advice on how to install the chimney. I know I need a 6" dura vent chimney. My furnace will be in the basement/garage. I need to get the chimney from there thru the main floor of the house and then thru the attic and out the roof. I've never put in a chimney before but I'm pretty sure I can get it done with the help of a couple buddies and maybe some cold ones for when the job is done. I can get the chimney kit from the local tractor supply but am unsure where to start. Thank you.

I am new to this site and a new onwer of an Englander wood furnace. I was hoping to get a little advice on how to install the chimney. I know I need a 6" dura vent chimney. My furnace will be in the basement/garage. I need to get the chimney from there thru the main floor of the house and then thru the attic and out the roof. I've never put in a chimney before but I'm pretty sure I can get it done with the help of a couple buddies and maybe some cold ones for when the job is done. I can get the chimney kit from the local tractor supply but am unsure where to start. Thank you.

Go here Chimney Systems | WoodlandDirect.com: Dura-Vent, Class A Double and Triple Wall Solutions

That's the best chimney configurator on the web. Enter all your dimensions and it will figure out what you need. and Frankly buy your chimney for them because they have a good deal and you can call them direct with your questions. They are NFI certified and chimney pros.

Welcome to Arboristsite, stick around, sometimes the road can be bumpy but it is well worth the visit.

Ill check out that link. And I'm sure ill run in into a few snags but its got to be worth it in the long run.

Just a thought, you might want to take a look at your home owners insurance and make sure for your setup that you don't need to have professional installation for fire coverage.

Because I wasn't hooking up to a masonary chimney I had to have professional installation, but I think sometimes you can get by with getting it inspected? Just depends, but worth checking out first.

If you're going with a prefab chimney DuraPlus triple-wall is nice stuff. We had one installed last year. Kits are available for through the roof or through the wall. I recommend researching online for components... some dealers sell for less than street price.

Bear in mind you'll need passthrough kits for the floor, the ceiling and the roof. It's considerable work with a Sawzall and some framing. :)

If you're doing it yourself, go for the 1" pack. Much easier to work with going up & down ladders. Bit more expensive though.

Latest posts

Back