• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Early 028 Chain brake components

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gritz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am wanting to add a chain brake to an early model 028 and need the components to do so. I believe this includes:
- New handle guard
- Brake band
- Spring
- Locking Lever w/spring and e-clip

I'm not entirely sure exactly what year they changed the brake assembly, but I need the older style. If you need to see pictures of the saw, here's the post I put on the chainsaw forum - http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...brake-to-an-028-worth-it.259903/#post-4878506

Thank you!

I am not sure u can do that. I think the early models were not designed to accept any of the chain brakes. I could be wrong, but I run into an 028 I wanted to add it to also and nothing I tried would fit that 028. If u found a newer crank case assy that originally had a brake might be the only way.

I am not sure u can do that. I think the early models were not designed to accept any of the chain brakes. I could be wrong, but I run into an 028 I wanted to add it to also and nothing I tried would fit that 028. If u found a newer crank case assy that originally had a brake might be the only way.

Maybe I need to find another saw that has one that has a toasted cylinder and just use my cylinder on that? Anybody got one of those?

Latest posts

Back