Early christmas presents for me....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Reaction score
So I been looking for an 038 mag for a long time. Every time a decent one came up it was too expensive or I didn't have any money, period.

Anyway, a while back, Jockeydeuce, (Rob) hooked this one at a yard sale and let me have it for a good price. It's definitely a work saw, not a pretty saw....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now, here's the best part...

wait for it.....

attachment.php

This saw went from British Columbia to the east coast via Tennessee.:rock::rock::rock:

Impact drivers like your Dewalt are handy to have around. I love my Makita 18v, but since my son snags it so much, I got a 12v Bosch back-up--it's tiny but get the job done! BTW Nice saw.

I thought I'd show you this while we're on the subject of stihls. I did some work on an old 028 for a friend of mine a while back. He didn't have a lot of money and I knew that when I fixed his saw. Got the thing going for him, mostly fuel system work, cleaned the points, got him a muffler, runs like a top. No charge.

The other day he hands me this...says you can have this for fixing my other saw.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very mint 023. Hardly a mark on it. Has to be the original bar. Original chain too for all I know. Runs like a top. He found it in his uncles basement.:msp_confused:

I guess what goes around comes around.

attachment.php

The 38 Mag's got some brass nutz, but there's one lil' prollem there Ole Top, yer missin half of your wrap

Yeah, someday down the road when I got some spare coin I'll look for a full wrap and a better looking recoil.

I'm waiting on my dang bars now, I can't even try it out and it's driving me nuts.:smile2:

When you're honest and giving good things will come your way. Looks like a great bunch of saws. Now all you need is bars and LOGS to work that herd. Well done........

Congrats getting an 038 mag, I love my 038s. Not a bad little gift you got from your buddy either. Get a bar quick and fire up that modified beast!

The wife loves her 023. Bugs me all the time about the mods. I tell her 'what mods', she says, "the ones i want done to it." Women.:hmm3grin2orange:

I got 2 bars on the way. I also have a recoil coming free of charge from a very generous member here.:smile2:

I started it up this afternoon and it sounds nasty.:msp_sneaky:

The wife loves her 023. Bugs me all the time about the mods. I tell her 'what mods', she says, "the ones i want done to it." Women.:hmm3grin2orange:

I only had one saw for a lot of years. An 023. I wouldn't know how many cords of wood I cut with that little thing, but I ran the piss out of it and it never failed me.

So I been looking for an 038 mag for a long time. Every time a decent one came up it was too expensive or I didn't have any money, period.

Anyway, a while back, Jockeydeuce, (Rob) hooked this one at a yard sale and let me have it for a good price. It's definitely a work saw, not a pretty saw....

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now, here's the best part...

wait for it.....

attachment.php

This saw went from British Columbia to the east coast via Tennessee.:rock::rock::rock:

I wanted to do a popup in that saw but was scared it would be damn near impossible to start. :laugh:

A 52mm piston....no decomp..... Mmmm

Thanks for all you have done for me Chris. :bowdown:

I wanted to do a popup in that saw but was scared it would be damn near impossible to start. :laugh:

Thanks for all you have done for me Chris. :bowdown:

Randy my brother, all I have ever done for you was send you some parts that I didn't need and you did. This saw goes well above and beyond any amount of stuff I have ever mailed to Tennessee, and I appreciate all the work that went into it.

And yes, I believe the compression is adequate.:smile2:

The stock 038 Mag has healthy compression for sure.....

Glad to see that saw made it the long way around to you, Chris. :) ......I wish it had been more of a "looker", but the wood doesn't care anyway. :biggrin:

Hope we get to see a video of it cutting after Randy has worked his Master-Mooberization Magic.

Latest posts

Back