easy start japan saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redmax

The saw looks just like a redmax (455?). I think the rpm rating listed is where the saw develops max power under load, not unloaded max rpms. The power rating and suggested mix ratio do make it look like a POS.

Maybe I'll get one of these cheap saws, and start the "rat saw thread", report on use and abuse, and any problems that pop up. there seems to be a market for cheap junk, lets see who makes the best cheap junk. This could be fun, Anyone else in??

Sounds like a fun idea. It would be good for some laughs and also relatively informative. Videos would be cool ... I'd like to see these saws in 'action'.... :popcorn:

Anybody got any links to crappy knock-off saw videos?

It would be hilarious if they cut like mad! (riiiiiight ...)

well i don't have a video camera but if i get a pos saw ill sure let you know how it goes

Looks like a Stihlvarna to me! I'll bet that 45cc engine really works great with a 20" bar and backwards chain.........and it is a $489 value - how could you possibly go wrong! Matt

No. But looks like the UK is the lucky recipient so far.

Apparently they also make a 'safety' model for newbie tree slayers tho!!

attachment.php

(comes with Easy Start & anti-suckback features)

According to the specs of this beast we are (most enough) old enough to run one of these :monkey:

:clap: :clap:

:cheers:

This is the stuff I'm curious about. Everyone is familiar with poulan, homelite, mac, ....... I'm sure we'll be seeing this china stuff in department stores.

This is the stuff I'm curious about. Everyone is familiar with poulan, homelite, mac, ....... I'm sure we'll be seeing this china stuff in department stores.

Its already out there man! BUT! I look at it this way, say you have a really, really, crappy job to do and don't want to hurt your 'good' saws, hmmmmm, it might be worth the 100$ for a saw that you may get 30hrs outta, like, maybe 2-3$hr to make 20-40$hr. Just imagine the work this could create for bored hobbiests who are tired of carving fish!
Lifes funny like that at times.

:hmm3grin2orange:

ok ive come up with the ultimate test everyone get one as a loaner saw

Its already out there man! BUT! I look at it this way, say you have a really, really, crappy job to do and don't want to hurt your 'good' saws, hmmmmm, it might be worth the 100$ for a saw that you may get 30hrs outta, like, maybe 2-3$hr to make 20-40$hr. Just imagine the work this could create for bored hobbiests who are tired of carving fish!
Lifes funny like that at times.

:hmm3grin2orange:

When I see a poulan for $20 bucks at a garage sale, I grab it. Good loaner saw......give away saw......throw it away when it's dead.

close ain't they?

attachment.php

attachment.php
Yo Trout! Nice! So do the specs match?

The invasion has begun no doubt!

:popcorn: :popcorn:

(you do realize of course that if these become popular the gents will have to add a new section to AS, something like "The bargain basement saw forum" or some such lol)

:)

hey look closely at the two saws the model numbers are both 4500 i would say thats a clue to the similarity how about you?

Latest posts

Back