Ebay 066 piston!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickJ

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
"PISTONS ARE MANUFACTURED BY OEM SUPPLIER USING THE LATEST & MOST ADVANCED TECHNOLOGIES.

INCLUDES 1 PISTON RING, 1 GUDGEON PIN & CIRCLIPS"

seems a bit suss, an oem 1 ring 066? can't say ive heard of one - or am i mistaken?

Asked the guy who its made by as genuine 066's have 2 rings - that i know of.

Ive got no problem if its advertised as aftermarket, but seems he's saying its the real thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230336399712

He doesn't say who they are making OEM parts for - he leaves the impression that it is Stihl, but doesn't actually say that......:censored:

heres the reply to my question

"An OEM is a company that manufactures the product but the branding is different. I am not willing to disclose the manufacturer"
:dizzy:

heres the reply to my question

"An OEM is a company that manufactures the product but the branding is different. I am not willing to disclose the manufacturer"
:dizzy:

And I wouldnt be willing to do business with a schmuck like that!

HA HA What a lame answer. You should email him and tell him that you work for stihl and expect to hear from there lawyers on the basis he claims that that piston is Original Equipment Manufacture. That should get him.

Nowhere does he say that it's OEM Stihl:dizzy::dizzy: It says "OEM Supplier". That doesn't mean that it's THE mfg that supplies Stihl, it just means that it's a company that makes parts as an OEM. (Think: JingJongJangXiang, Inc). There are millions of companies that are OEM suppliers .

Last edited:
Back