ebay 385XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like my 385, but this one looks like a parts saw to me. JMO but I think I see three different colors on the plastic. Maybe somebody had a few that were trashed, and tried to make a good one? Just looks a little too beat for that price. I could be wrong though.

Not really a lot to go on is it. I'd speak to him, either e-mail or phone and see how he comes across.

It does look like it might be a bit of a chimera

You guys missed out on a good one that I just sold.

On a side note, all of my huskys have faded to where the plastic doesn't look like it matches the other plastic, or the paited surfaces. A little bit of sun makes them look pretty bad, IMO.

I don't like the idea of the sounds of that saw, though.......

$450, free shipping. Says has new piston and he "replaced" the jug, I assume a used one. wadda ya tink?
Ebay Link

--Ian

Well the seller has good Reps, Said the saw ran with no problems, New piston , "changed the jug". Never does it say "As is"
If I were in the market I'd buy it.
Use your Credit Card. with buyer protection plan. No worries.

If it's a runner, would it be enough saw for an Alaskan Small Log Mill in 12-16" hardwood?

Ian

If he doesn't get any bites, I think I'll offer him 350 and if he goes for it, I'll use the extra hundred for the mill. Bailey's wants 125 for it.

thanks,
Ian

If it's a runner, would it be enough saw for an Alaskan Small Log Mill in 12-16" hardwood?

Ian

You would be alright, One thing I don't see much of is chainsaw millers don't square off the log first. Most just flat board cut.
It might take longer to square the log first.
There are advantages to doing so,
You decrease the width of the cut, plus you can choose the better cuts, Also less board edging.

Nope, it was not to be. He said that if he didn't get the 450 that he was looking for that he would part the saw out instead.

oh well,
Ian

there are 395s for that money on ebay.

i'd rather have one of those than a 385.especially for about the same money.

Back