Ebay has some competition

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try and keep myself safe as much as possible, about these sort of things.
I put "Forester brand Stihl Replacement part" or Oregon, or who ever made it, in order to keeps things as clear as possible.

Curt vs. Bryce

All right, sorry to rant but I just want to warn anybody who cares :angrysoapbox:
Curt's over on ebay has been selling aftermarket as "Genuine" as well. I bought a "Genuine" (his words) 272 air cleaner, saw that it didn't have the necessary clips, so I ordered them from my dealer, when the filter came in, it was some cheesy aftermarket thing that the clips wouldn't fit on. My bad for trusting his description. I don't understand why a larger seller like that would treat a potential lifelong customer like a fool, If he was fair, I'd probably buy lots more from him.
I wont buy from any of the bigger ebay parts sellers (Randy's, Curt's, or Bryce's) because I've had bad experiences with all 3 (hopefully I'm not out of line by mentioning them, I'll edit this post if I am). The only ebay ones I use now are the smaller sellers which in general, I've had good luck with.
I`ve gotta rant here myself.Curt sold me a fuel line for my 039.It was junk, it leaked real bad.I even started a post about it here, trying to figure out the problem.When I notified Curt, he promptly refunded ALL my money and said keep the part. He also said to make sure and let him know of any problems in the future. Now for Bryce... I bought a crank seal for my 036 from him.I already had the smaller seal and needed the larger one.I went to his listing for 036 seals and ordered the part pictured.As most of you know, the looks and size difference between the two seals is obvious.Well, a week later, I get my seal, it`s the small one.Not the one pictured.I contacted Bryce and told him about the problem in his listing.He said it`s the right part, check the numbers.He said he would refund my money, minus shipping.He never changed the listing, the picture shows the wrong seal with the right part number.I was very polite with him, but he`s very arrogant.Check his feedback.Lots and lots of negative feedback.I think he left the listing the way it is, cause he`s making money on the shipping he doesn`t refund.Curt is much more professional than Bryce.

I put "Forester brand Stihl Replacement part" or Oregon, or who ever made it, in order to keeps things as clear as possible.

Thanks for doing that. I never buy a part for my Stihls off ebay if there's any doubt it's genuine Stihl, unless I'm looking for aftermarket. If there's any question at all, I contact the seller. If I don't get an answer, no sale.

That is the best way to sell. If I'm spending my money buying a Stihl part, it better not be some aftermarket junk. We buy name brand for that very reason.:cheers:

I`ve gotta rant here myself.Curt sold me a fuel line for my 039.It was junk, it leaked real bad.I even started a post about it here, trying to figure out the problem.When I notified Curt, he promptly refunded ALL my money and said keep the part. He also said to make sure and let him know of any problems in the future. Now for Bryce... I bought a crank seal for my 036 from him.I already had the smaller seal and needed the larger one.I went to his listing for 036 seals and ordered the part pictured.As most of you know, the looks and size difference between the two seals is obvious.Well, a week later, I get my seal, it`s the small one.Not the one pictured.I contacted Bryce and told him about the problem in his listing.He said it`s the right part, check the numbers.He said he would refund my money, minus shipping.He never changed the listing, the picture shows the wrong seal with the right part number.I was very polite with him, but he`s very arrogant.Check his feedback.Lots and lots of negative feedback.I think he left the listing the way it is, cause he`s making money on the shipping he doesn`t refund.Curt is much more professional than Bryce.

Curts right down the road from me anyhow me and him were going to go see them saws at the salvage yard in jacksonville last year but things came up we could not go to look at them saws

they have about 1000 saws or more at that place

Yep thats the only way to list items that are aftermarket i have seen oem parts listed on other sites that show up as oem but the part # on the catalog # or however they have it listed shows a stens # on it and no where does it say Stens or replaces the keyword to look for in a description or on the top of your browser screen in the far left corner you will see if it is a aftermarket part it will more than likely say " Replaces or For "

Have to go box up some parts to get out today some old points and condenser phelon stuff thats one thing that stihl cannot do is get on someones case about selling phelon parts online even if it does fit the 015

Last edited:
I hope it take off!

But see the Ebay moguls already waiting to see how much it does take off before buying them out! LOL!

I hope it take off!

But see the Ebay moguls already waiting to see how much it does take off before buying them out! LOL!

you just never know anymore, look at what youtube does, turns people into stars over nite.

One of my neighbors knew Bill Gates back in high school, wonder what they thought about him. :)

I noticed that the craig's list ad is down now (about 11:00 am in MN), and wonder if Craigs list takes down ads that might get them some trouble fom Ebay?

Or does Ebay have 'bots searching Craig's list and others for threats?

And strongarm the others into compliance?

In the end, Ebay is the 800lb gorilla...if ya wanna play the game, Ebay wins. I choose not to play the game until someone figures out a way to break into it and actually compete.

I noticed that the craig's list ad is down now (about 11:00 am in MN), and wonder if Craigs list takes down ads that might get them some trouble fom Ebay?

Or does Ebay have 'bots searching Craig's list and others for threats?

And strongarm the others into compliance?

In the end, Ebay is the 800lb gorilla...if ya wanna play the game, Ebay wins. I choose not to play the game until someone figures out a way to break into it and actually compete.

I doubt ebay cares about this, small beans to them.

It probally just got flagged for one reason or another.

If it was a non paid ad for a buisness venture then craig would knock it out
for that reason alone.

I see some parts listed on that site now too, and a few more registered users.

Here's a good poll!

Let's take bets on who will post first:

"I got burned on SAWBID.COM!" LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the best way to sell. If I'm spending my money buying a Stihl part, it better not be some aftermarket junk. We buy name brand for that very reason.:cheers:

I even take pictures of the filter, fuel line etc.. showing the oregon, forester packaging and part #. Because I buy parts off ebay, and hate getting aftermarket when I though I was buying oem. So don't do it to my customers either.

Everyone,

Sawbid.com was created for you by me. As far as the legitimacy of it, unfortunately I cannot prove that to you. If I could, I would. I have placed security precautions in place such as the SSL and Sitelock to protect your information. As you may have noticed, I am a sponsor of this site. Darin and Jennifer probably wouldn't have accepted my sponsorship if they felt it was illegitimate or questionable. It is a simple service I felt that the chainsaw community deserves. If you have any questions, please ask. I emailed Darin and Jennifer and asked them to unlock this thread so I can use it to answer any questions that you all have.

As far as the ID phone number and the NV address, I am in the military and move often.

Todd Parker
" sawbid.com "

Hi Todd and welcome, well thats one way to make an entry on AS. :D

So, I have a query, If you are traveling a lot is the site on auto pilot
or do you have some helpers signed up yet?

ric

At this time, everywhere I travel has internet...if that changes I have a few people that will moderate and take care of everything for me. No questions/issues will go unanswered.

nmurph,

This is the first I have heard of this problem. Has anyone else had this issue? I will look into it and see if I can figure the problem out.

Todd

nmurph,

I just registered a test account with no issues. Like I said, try to delete your cookies, temp files and see if that cures the issue.

Todd

Just in case you are wondering what sawbid's site statistics are, here is a screen capture of them. Of course they are not mind boggling numbers, but keep in mind the site is VERY young (23 days). I was pretty amazed in the amount of traffic that was viewing the site...there is a lot of interested people visiting.

Latest posts

Back