Echo 1001

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im in the middle ages man, Comp wont upload from a Digicam, if I post pics I have to shot them on my Canon T50 and have the 35mm fild developed to a CD-rom, then upload through my C-drive.

It looks just like the one at Acres site, it even still says "Kyoritsu" on the recoil, plain as day.

One interesting thing, is the exhaust exit, the little oval pipe, is right on the bottom of the muffler, it points right at the floor, and is only an inch or less from the floor...seems like a fire hazzard to me. Makes a nice little dark patch when you fire it up and give it a few revs...heh

Its cool that you can take the screw out of the top of the tank, and the whole top just lifts off so you can access the entire cavern of a gas tank. I swear this saws gas tank never seems to end when you fill it up...:laugh:

It looks just like the one at Acres site, it even still says "Kyoritsu" on the recoil, plain as day.

Yup it would because Kioritz didn't come along until 1972. Everything before that was
Kyoritsu Noki Company Limited (1947-1971)....Bob

Yup it would because Kioritz didn't come along until 1972. Everything before that was
Kyoritsu Noki Company Limited (1947-1971)....Bob

ahh, was never sure on that part of it. But it does say "ECHO" on it as well.

Im in the middle ages man, Comp wont upload from a Digicam, if I post pics I have to shot them on my Canon T50 and have the 35mm fild developed to a CD-rom, then upload through my C-drive.

One interesting thing, is the exhaust exit, the little oval pipe, is right on the bottom of the muffler, it points right at the floor, and is only an inch or less from the floor...seems like a fire hazzard to me. Makes a nice little dark patch when you fire it up and give it a few revs...heh

Its cool that you can take the screw out of the top of the tank, and the whole top just lifts off so you can access the entire cavern of a gas tank. I swear this saws gas tank never seems to end when you fill it up...:laugh:

What is the is reason you cannot upload from a digital camera? Is it the lack of a USB port? Is it a program issue? For a couple bucks those problems will be gone.

Bill

What is the is reason you cannot upload from a digital camera? Is it the lack of a USB port? Is it a program issue? For a couple bucks those problems will be gone.

Bill

The computer is about 8 years old, its a Gateway 2000 case, its been gutted, high flow cooling fans installed, fast processor, etc..more or less it was designed to be used on in an office, hooked to a...I dont know the word,,maybe database? Also it was deisigned to run a high speed external modem and have wicked fast internet...

It has about 1% available memory...and as best I can tell no slots left in the back.

It runs an antique version of Linus: Ubuntu- Konqueror (Kubuntu). And Firefox web browser.

I did buy a Digi-cam at one time, but the program (gTkam) wouldnt recognize the camera, so I took it back. Programmer worked on it, and couldnt find any reason why it wouldnt work, but his own personal camera wouldnt work on it either...

If I had 800 bucks laying around, Id buy a new dell and get a good camera....but with the price of gas and stuff, the current setup works for what I use it for.

:[/QUOTE]

The exhaust on a homelite super 2100 is the same way. I think it's purty neat too.

Havent had a chance to ask him yet, we are still in the middle of busy season down here, Im repairing all day and he is selling all day, and or deliverign stuff all day..we speak every now and then about repairs, but only get a chance to stop and have a conversation early in the AM or when we are leaving.

I cant come on too strong about it...he may just decide its too old and in too good of shape to sell. If I hadnt cleaned it up and got it going, I could have probably had it for 50 bucks just to get it out of the way...but now its a good looking saw.

obtw...if I do get him to give me a figure, and its rediculously low...Im a be on it like white on rice...and not to resale either...to be a centerpeice on my table.

If the figure is too rich for my blood...Ill pass it along.

but like I said, he told me it was for sale before, but we never got into figures.

If the only problem is a computer I belive I may be able to help you with that and for one heck of a lot less than $800.

Bill

Any of you echo fans know where I can find a model CS 802 for sale. That is an echo that I would like to have too, aside from Lee's big monster.

Hello Hoss,

Saw that you are looking for a CS802.
I am also collecting Echo chainsaws and i have a cs 802 S. My interest are the mid eighties models, 330 EVL until the 660 EVL.
Have a few cst 610 twins, one of them is completely new and unused.
I do not know if shipping of such an old saw to the States is an option?
Buying the other one is the better solution.
I am looking for a CS 900 EVL with chainbrake in good condition for incidental
use .

greetings, Jos

Hello Hoss,

Saw that you are looking for a CS802.
I am also collecting Echo chainsaws and i have a cs 802 S. My interest are the mid eighties models, 330 EVL until the 660 EVL.
Have a few cst 610 twins, one of them is completely new and unused.
I do not know if shipping of such an old saw to the States is an option?
Buying the other one is the better solution.
I am looking for a CS 900 EVL with chainbrake in good condition for incidental
use .

greetings, Jos

I will PM you with my address. If you can check with a shipping company local to you and let me know what it would cost to ship and what you want for the saw itself then if I can afford it we will have a deal if you like. It appears that RedZ wants the saw himself unless it is priced high anyway so I am willing to explore all the options. I appreciate your input. Did you see any of the 750 evl saws that were recently on ebay. I think those should be your era.:)

Off topic and no help but everyone likes chainsaw p***:) 1201 Echo

You are f-ing killing me and probably grinning fron ear to ear about it.:)

By the way Bonkelaar, I was just reffering to shipping the powerhead only. As long as it has a 3/8 or .404 sprocket then I can get my own bar/chain here.

Yep, That 1201 is the newer version of my 1100
I tried to buy one in Japan and couldn't. They are
not on the product lineup sheet in many contries
including the USA. But they are in Russia.
Go figure.

Hoss, You know anyone in Russia

Lee

You are f-ing killing me and probably grinning fron ear to ear about it.:)

By the way Bonkelaar, I was just reffering to shipping the powerhead only. As long as it has a 3/8 or .404 sprocket then I can get my own bar/chain here.

Chain is a 404, sprocket is not the best, should be replaced. Also the Fuel line
between tank and carburettor. Saw runs and idles good.
Made pictures recently, will try to put them on the forum.

greetings Jos

bonkelaar

A little Try to get a picture on the forum.
A brandnew and a used CST 610 EVL and a CS 550 EVL unused.
Try to do the same with the 802 pictures.

greetings Jos

Chain is a 404, sprocket is not the best, should be replaced. Also the Fuel line
between tank and carburettor. Saw runs and idles good.
Made pictures recently, will try to put them on the forum.

greetings Jos

None of these problems are deal breakers for me. Let me know how the shipping/saw price works out. The pic's did not come through. But those are some nice saws to own.

Latest posts

Back