Echo 330/360t improving air intake, time cuts comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey run what runs and get the job done

This is my around the house go to saw. Sounds good fun to run av is a bit sloppy but run it hard all the time and has not let loose yet. Been try to blow it up but no go

all good man i like echo alot....they work for me.... would i like that pretty white orange saw yep ... but i cant kill my echos .....

oh and i also have alot of poulan top handle saws i only use 3 for back ups and trailer saws..... with 3 echos i get the job done.... i do have the poulans also though....the mint 009 l hardly leaves its case....

Ive been running mine for a few years never even cracked the engine open for anything. Mine get banged around in trees climbing hanging from a lanyard. Mine also is used to dice trees up too. 4 to 5 days a week my saw runs at the minimum of 4 tanks a day. Other times im using 044 or 046 and 460 to take care of the rest of the work. My echo is not as slow as you think. And at one time on this site you were all gung ho about the 355 echo over the stihl till you broke ur echo. Yeah i have also seen 200t 020t and 201t broke too. They all break when gettin run over or dropped. Not saying the echo is a demo derby saw of saws. But what saw is? I cant justify spending 600 on a new 201 when i can get the same or better performance out of an echo. Its all just a ford dodge chevy thang
I never said Echo was a bad saw. I guess your experience with them was better than mine. I will just never buy another top handle, I'm even considering getting a CS 620pw.

There is a reason the #1 selling top handle saw is made by STIHL. Echo does make a nice saw but day in day out they don't last long.

kenjax-

my experience has been that 020/200/201t's last about one year in full time duty as a climbing saw. i think echos are more robust, i'm not into believing anything, just my real world observations.

oh and i also have alot of poulan top handle saws i only use 3 for back ups and trailer saws..... with 3 echos i get the job done.... i do have the poulans also though....the mint 009 l hardly leaves its case....
Are your 009 the early non av or the newer 009 av saws. And do you know what the 009 are worth in working condition? Il have a chance to get 2 or 3 of them but not shure that il ever use em. Just fix n sell if they have any value

kenjax-

my experience has been that 020/200/201t's last about one year in full time duty as a climbing saw. i think echos are more robust, i'm not into believing anything, just my real world observations.
Do you toss ur saws when they wear out or freshen up the guts and keep em going?

all good man i like echo alot....they work for me.... would i like that pretty white orange saw yep ... but i cant kill my echos .....
I almost want mine to blow so my wife will let me buy a short block to drop in. I may have to do some side cash and buy a short block to port out and run the piss out of. But the draw back is the ignition. They do also have a rear handle version of that saw and was wondering if it had a dead set timing unlike the top handle.

Are your 009 the early non av or the newer 009 av saws. And do you know what the 009 are worth in working condition? Il have a chance to get 2 or 3 of them but not shure that il ever use em. Just fix n sell if they have any value

No idea what they are worth ...check the bay for sold listings i would think from 75 to 200 depending on condition and compression.....mine is the non av version... sounds like a lil Harley....good camp or ground saw.....Your hands will hate you if you use it all day......Modern Av has spoiled me.....

My Echo 330T has been a durable little sucker. Back when I knew nothing about saws, my buddy who's a landscaper picked me up one brand new. I had moved to a wooded lot and needed a saw.

Mines 10 years old and was my primary saw for 7 of them. With a 14" bar and some time, the darn thing has cut more wood than you can shake a stick at. It's unmodified, I still haven't touched the muffler.

I'd say conservatively mine has cut better than 50 cords of wood. There's still not a damn thing wrong with it. More wood than my 066. More wood than any saw I own.

I plan on the mod shown in this thread. Personally, there's no way in hell I'd pay double the price for the still 200. Then again, I'm not a pro that makes their living off of the saw.

My Echo 330T has been a durable little sucker. Back when I knew nothing about saws, my buddy who's a landscaper picked me up one brand new. I had moved to a wooded lot and needed a saw.

Mines 10 years old and was my primary saw for 7 of them. With a 14" bar and some time, the darn thing has cut more wood than you can shake a stick at. It's unmodified, I still haven't touched the muffler.

I'd say conservatively mine has cut better than 50 cords of wood. There's still not a damn thing wrong with it. More wood than my 066. More wood than any saw I own.

I plan on the mod shown in this thread. Personally, there's no way in hell I'd pay double the price for the still 200. Then again, I'm not a pro that makes their living off of the saw.
Wow thats been through some wood. How big of logs were you using it in before you would grab a bigger saw?

If you can post a vid of ur ols saw in action plz

Wow thats been through some wood. How big of logs were you using it in before you would grab a bigger saw?
I guess the biggest was around 24". Last big use was September of '14 for firewood. My 066 OEM brake handle snapped again (on my 3rd one-don't know what I'm doing wrong) and I used the little 330T to finish the job.

It's not a miracle saw and it takes its time, but it's always been the saw I grab first cause it's so compact.

This was all before my CAD set in. I used to have a cheap Poulan Nothern tools cheapo saw and the little echo. Then I picked up an 066 at a garage sale for $15 with bad bearings. The Poulan broke rather quickly, but I cleared 36 cords worth of wood for my pool install with that 20" Poulan and the little Echo.

Now, I grab my 036 first for anything that looks substantial and the 330 for little stuff.

I can post pics, but not video. I just love the 330. Would never part with it.

i think that's why i had to lean out the high jet by more than a quarter turn after the mod.

If that saw is flowing more air with the mod, it would make the mixture leaner, correct ?

That's not how a carb works. An accurate carb would hold a constant fuel/air mixture as the air velocity changed - more air would pick up proportionately more fuel.

These are not accurate carbs, as they eliminated the air corrector jet system when making them all-position. So with an uncorrected fixed jet fuel volume approaches the square of air velocity, and even a small increase in air velocity will make it very rich - this is why saws "4-stroke".

The fact that you had to lean the mixture tells me that it wasn't really acting as a choke, but that you successfully increased the air velocity through the carb.

Back