Echo 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzsaw1122

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First Chain Saw - I Ebayed a "new out of box" Echo CS440 for $ 160 delivered. Downloaded manual from "Echo" - Is "new out of box" code for "reconditioned" or code for "stolen" ?? Saw looks brand new-- Haven't tried the saw yet - My brother in law knows chainsaws - He's going to try to start it this weekend.

Any opinions on the Echo Cs440???

Thanks "l2edneck"

The only bad things = I've heard about "Echo" - are parts availiability.

I just bought 40 acres of New York Swamp land ( Cheap ) - Their's a 12 by 24 two story shack on the property that I'm making into a hunting cabin - bought a small wood stove - and hope to use the chainsaw for heat.

Any opinions on a "cheap" wood splitter?? - Harbor Freight has one ( Hydraulic ) for under 100 bucks.

I would consider a wood splitter under $1,000.00 cheap......what are they selling under 100.00? Check TSC for decent inexpensive splitters.

Don't worry about "new out of the box" this saw should work great for cutting firewood and there are many Echo dealers around if you need parts.

Thanks "northernmover"

I bought land outside of Oswego NY . - I only need enough wood to heat a 12 by 24 shack for Dear season. Harbor Freight has the Log Splitter below - But Northern Tool - has the same .

TWO SPEED, 10 TON HYDRAULIC LOG SPLITTER

Quick log splitting at an affordable price. Manually operated, two speed pump builds up to 10 tons of log splitting pressure fast. Low and high speeds to accommodate various types of wood. Pump is operated by two 30'' steel handles. Includes pressure release valve. Heavy duty spring return.
Force: 10 ton
Bed: horizontal
Engine: manual operation
Shipping weight: 112 lbs.

ITEM 33956-9VGA
$129.99

$99.99 Email link to a friend

Latest posts

Back