Echo 590 Timberwolf opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one a few weeks ago. So far I am happy with it. I have 1 to 2 tanks through it so far and it is getting stronger each use. The anti-vibe is real good. It's been starting on the second or third pull cold. It's also pretty good on fuel.

John that's my saw in the video.

I've ran a lot of saws and owned a few, and I have to say it's one of the better saws for the money. Quality is high and the design is incredibly simple. Yes it has some weight for it's displacement, but I don't see the need for the average joe to pay an extra $200+ for another brand, simply to save on a little weight. If Echo can make a saw this good, simple, inexpensive and emission compliant, Stihl and Husky engineers need to get their heads out of their backsides IMHO. With a little tuning it will do anything you ask of it, and then some. I feel it has enough low end to run a 24" bar just fine, if needed. She also has one of the nicest looking jugs I've seen.;)

I really like my 600.no problems with it so far.much stronger than the saws its built to compete with.
I just got thru building a 359 husky to compare it to.seems like the 359 weighs pretty much the same.

I love mine! I bought it last July before the price drop, paid $459 for it and feel it is worth more than that. My JD CS56 was in need of new AV isolators, new bar, & sprocket. Retired the JD for now & picked up the Echo CS 590 at the local Ace store. It has plenty of power, the AV is great, throws plenty of oil on the bar, and starts easy. A cold engine will always start 2nd or 3rd pull, warm or hot engine starts 1st pull every time. The air filter stays pretty clean also.

I have truck loads of logs delivered by a tree service, Oak, Maple, & Ash. Some logs will be in the 30 inch diameter range. I can bury the 20 inch bar and it cuts with authority. Plenty of torque. After several tanks of fuel it really comes to life. The spark plug had good color to it even with the limiter caps on. I did do a muffler mod & pulled the limiter caps just recently. I probably have cut about 9 cords of hardwood with it so far.

It is a quality saw, I feel it is the best buy you can get on a new 60cc saw. I thought about a Husky or Stihl farm & ranch type of saw but after doing research I felt the 590 Timberwolf was the best for me. I like it so much I may get another one and throw a longer bar on it.

I also have an Echo CS306 for limbing, an Echo leaf blower, and an Echo hedge trimmer, never had a problem with any of them.

I ran one this weekend, New just out of the box at Orschlens they had put the chain on backwards :rolleyes::rolleyes: 20" bar 3/8 full chisel chain. It was very very smooth and had plenty of power with the 20" the only thing I didn't like how the choke lever stuck out even in the off position. It felt very similar to my 455 that's MM and has the limiters pulled and this was while it was stock with about 15 mins run time. I'm sure it will gain as it breaks in, with a muffler mod and some tuning it would be a really nice saw for not much money. All this coming from a husqvarna fan :eek::p

I've been considering one of these saws too. From the research I have done over the last couple of weeks the only people that have negative things to say about them is people who havent run them. I hope to pick one up this week and try it out.

I've ran a lot of saws and owned a few, and I have to say it's one of the better saws for the money. Quality is high and the design is incredibly simple. Yes it has some weight for it's displacement, but I don't see the need for the average joe to pay an extra $200+ for another brand, simply to save on a little weight. If Echo can make a saw this good, simple, inexpensive and emission compliant, Stihl and Husky engineers need to get their heads out of their backsides IMHO. With a little tuning it will do anything you ask of it, and then some. I feel it has enough low end to run a 24" bar just fine, if needed. She also has one of the nicest looking jugs I've seen.;)

Did the saw have a mm in this video?

I have a sneeking suspicion that Echo is selling these at very little profit to themselves just to get their foot into
the firewood saw market. Not that it's wrong but I have a time believing that they'll be able to to keep this saw at
this price point for more than a year or two. It looks like a solid saw from everything I've seen.

I would love to see what some of the fine builders could do with it, but then again its pretty much a 600p. I am sure it would make one dandy firewood saw!

I have a sneekin suspicion that Echo is selling these at very little profit to themselves just to get their foot into
the firewood saw market. Not that it's wrong but I have a time believing that they'll be able to to keep this saw at
this price point for more than a year or two. It looks like a solid saw from everything I've seen.
Something tells me that they know what they are doing.moving quality In large quantities.home depot, ace hardware, true value etc. are helping them do it.if lowes were to carry echo I believe the 455 ranchers would be in trouble.I dont see any of the huskys or poulans moving off of the shelfs at lowes but see echos moving at home depot.

I have a sneeking suspicion that Echo is selling these at very little profit to themselves just to get their foot into
It may well be a nice saw to run, but it lacks strato or AT, and has a cat muffler. It should sell at a discount compared to more advanced designs. That's not a judgement on whether it's a good saw or a good deal, just where it would be expected to fit in the marketplace.

It does not have a cat muffler.
Well that is a positive thing..........my Echo SRM265 weed-whacker(manufactured in 2007) did and I un-corked it/modded the muffler with positive results!!

Even with out a true catalytic muffler the manufacturers are restricting exhausts to act like a catalyst exhaust. Such as the cs 590/600 the exhaust has one too many bends.

Back