Echo chainsaw acting up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbelect

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all
I have a customer with a Echo CS-3000 -1e serial # 028 183. Whats happining is the saw starts great and runs for awhile 5-10 minutes of cutting then it starts to bog down like it is running out of fuel. Then it will eventually quit. You can restart it right away and it will run and stop again. I took the saw and cleaned all the saw dust out of everywhere that has a crevice. Took the carb apart and completely cleaned it and blew out any ports that may have been clogged. Put it all back together and it did the same thing. Maybe there is a internal problem. We usually do not work on that many chain saws but this is a good customer and he has taken it to another chainsaw shop and they there is nothing they can do to it. Anyone have any ideas about this?
Thanks in advance.........:newbie:

Hello all
I have a customer with a Echo CS-3000 -1e serial # 028 183. Whats happining is the saw starts great and runs for awhile 5-10 minutes of cutting then it starts to bog down like it is running out of fuel. Then it will eventually quit. You can restart it right away and it will run and stop again. I took the saw and cleaned all the saw dust out of everywhere that has a crevice. Took the carb apart and completely cleaned it and blew out any ports that may have been clogged. Put it all back together and it did the same thing. Maybe there is a internal problem. We usually do not work on that many chain saws but this is a good customer and he has taken it to another chainsaw shop and they there is nothing they can do to it. Anyone have any ideas about this?
Thanks in advance.........:newbie:

Just a guess here...maybe the E-ignition is getting hot and quits or there is a ground that is heat related???:(

Latest posts

Back