Echo CS-370, Dolmar PS-350 or Redmax GZ-4000?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to get a CS400, muff modd and tune it. Steve
I've got too many 40cc saws as it is, including ported GZ4000's. The CS400 looks like a nice saw but it has no advantages in term of engine technology.

To be honest, if I wanted to run a 10.1lb plastic clamshell I would get out my ported 46cc Poulan or the 40cc Husky 142.

Another vote for the Echo as well. I've been very happy with their equipment. I have the CS-400 and that thing rocks!

Which one are you getting? The 370 or the 400?

That is what I liked about the GZ 4000, 9# pro saw. The Dolmar is a 10# saw but appears to be better quality than the Echo as well.

I've got too many 40cc saws as it is, including ported GZ4000's. The CS400 looks like a nice saw but it has no advantages in term of engine technology.

To be honest, if I wanted to run a 10.1lb plastic clamshell I would get out my ported 46cc Poulan or the 40cc Husky 142.

If you notice almost every one that has one likes it, the advantages are excellent power(better than a GZ4000 with a muff modd), excellent handling, light weight , Built good, it has a lot of plastic but HAS metal inserts where needed like the bar studs which don't pull out like some Stihl saws ,starts great first pull after it's been running , ( I go out on portable saw jobs and watch people pull and pull after putting down their Stihl saws for 5 minutes) reasonable and reasonable parts. On those saw jobs most want to know where to buy one if they run mine. Easy to work on, about 10 minutes to have that well built clamshell motor out of the saw. Steve

If you notice almost every one that has one likes it, the advantages are excellent power(better than a GZ4000 with a muff modd), excellent handling, light weight , Built good, it has a lot of plastic but HAS metal inserts where needed like the bar studs which don't pull out like some Stihl saws ,starts great first pull after it's been running , ( I go out on portable saw jobs and watch people pull and pull after putting down their Stihl saws for 5 minutes) reasonable and reasonable parts. On those saw jobs most want to know where to buy one if they run mine. Easy to work on, about 10 minutes to have that well built clamshell motor out of the saw. Steve
Hey, I like clamshells and I don't mind plastic chassis - I've got several of them and use them regularly, as well as having ported and modified a few. I've got a couple that run really well. Still, you don't get something for nothing, and the strato engine on my GZ4000's makes at least as much power, uses less fuel and the saw is lighter.

I think the little Echo looks like a nice saw, but it is lagging in engine technology which is why it has a cat (and I will never again buy a saw with one of those). Once the cat is removed I'm sure it will run great and last a long time (a lot like my 142) - but in this thread it was being compared to a saw that is more advanced.

Latest posts

Back