Echo CS - 450 ??? yay/nay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.9 KW ? I'm assuming that be some sort of metric weight ? Aside from weight, is this saw I can expect longevity from if it's well-maintained, and seeing active duty on maybe a couple cords per year of the total I cut.
It translates into about 2.5 hp, just multiply the kW numbers by 1.36 to get hp(m), or by 1.34 to get hp(i).

cs 450

This is my fav saw,, for fire wood ,,, its lite and mine screems like raped ape,, lol,, Sent to MM had him do a little mods to it,, but i also got a second one, was jut to be a parts saw but hell it was in great shape except for the handle, someone run over it,, so i ordered a new one and installed it,, runs fine,, anyway with a few mods witch are easy,, those suckers just screem and cut,,, I was really impesed,,, even stock mine cut well,,, anyway thats the first saw i grap when im cutting fire wood. not responsable for spelling tonite as I have been in the Applw pie tonite.:msp_scared:

This is my fav saw,, for fire wood ,,, its lite and mine screems like raped ape,, lol,, Sent to MM had him do a little mods to it,, but i also got a second one, was jut to be a parts saw but hell it was in great shape except for the handle, someone run over it,, so i ordered a new one and installed it,, runs fine,, anyway with a few mods witch are easy,, those suckers just screem and cut,,, I was really impesed,,, even stock mine cut well,,, anyway thats the first saw i grap when im cutting fire wood. not responsable for spelling tonite as I have been in the Applw pie tonite.:msp_scared:

ya gotta luv that apple pie!:msp_w00t:

BTW, I'm out so have to resort to the blueberries.:msp_smile:

Not so much concerned with who the oil brand belongs to, as I am with the mix ratio, and the saw liking it. I believe the Stihl Ultra is now 50:1 ? I also believe Stihl USED TO BE 40:1. Was just wondering if the Echo didn't mind a 50:1

The echo brand oil is recommended at 50:1

Ok, so the 50:1 seems to be right for Stihl and Echo. Another thing, here in Southwest PA, you can't walk a block without running into a Stihl dealer, but I have never seen an Echo dealer..... not that I look for em.

I'm not sure I need a muffler mod on this saw, being I'm only about a 5 cord a year cutter, but I am intrigued by what it has to offer, and would like to know how to do it since it has been deemed "so easy". That said, there has to be "pinned" or "sticky" threads on this right ? so as not to reinvent the wheel.

Not so much concerned with who the oil brand belongs to, as I am with the mix ratio, and the saw liking it. I believe the Stihl Ultra is now 50:1 ? I also believe Stihl USED TO BE 40:1. Was just wondering if the Echo didn't mind a 50:1

50/1 will be fine but if you're concerned, just measure out 3.2 oz. and you'll have 40/1.

Ok, so the 50:1 seems to be right for Stihl and Echo. Another thing, here in Southwest PA, you can't walk a block without running into a Stihl dealer, but I have never seen an Echo dealer..... not that I look for em.

I'm not sure I need a muffler mod on this saw, being I'm only about a 5 cord a year cutter, but I am intrigued by what it has to offer, and would like to know how to do it since it has been deemed "so easy". That said, there has to be "pinned" or "sticky" threads on this right ? so as not to reinvent the wheel.

Doesnt have to be saw specific, you can get the gist of it from any number of saw muffler mod threads. Theres a search thing here. You really do need to remove the limiter caps on the carb to give it enough fuel. 5 cords or 50, doesnt matter.

I searched for "Muffler Mod" and every swingin post that had the word muffler in it came up. I guess I'm not a very handy navigator, so, if any of y'all have a solid thread on how to do this modification I'd be much obliged for a link. Need to know WHERE to drill, how big a hole, L carb adjust, H carb adjust.... or both, etc...

Thanks.

I searched for "Muffler Mod" and every swingin post that had the word muffler in it came up. I guess I'm not a very handy navigator, so, if any of y'all have a solid thread on how to do this modification I'd be much obliged for a link. Need to know WHERE to drill, how big a hole, L carb adjust, H carb adjust.... or both, etc...

Thanks.

I find that the site's search engine isn't overly reliable for the same reason. Try the search on yahoo or google and enter "arboristsite" right after whatever you're looking for.

Works much better, at least for me. Narrows it down quite a bit.

The echo brand oil is recommended at 50:1

50:1 with a high quality synth. oil should be enough oil in any reasonably modern saw with a plated cylinder.

It is common that the saw brands recommend more oil with other brands of oil than their own, but that is mainly just a way to market their own oil.

Where do you live in S. Western Pa. There are several Echo dealers close to me. One of them is a real good one too.

I run the Baileys Woolands Pro synthetic oil. I buy the 5 gallon mix size and use a small measureing cup that I bought at a kitchen supplier and measure out whatever I going to use that day. I run it at just a splash over 50:1. I might go 40:1 when its hot. Most of the Stihl dealers around here don't even have the the Silver bottles anymore and if they do its only the 1 gallon size and they charge for it almost what I can get a large bottle for from Baileys. If you look around this area most people say they " Don't trust that synthetic stuff!!!! If you start running it you can't stop running it!!!" I'll bet (know) that the old yellow bottles of Pennz Oil outsells most good brands of synthetic around here, and then thats followed closely by those green bottles that are sold in the Dollar Generals.

My bud, who does a whole lot of cutting just runs the Synthetic Poulan oil that they sell at Wallys.

Just picked mine up today. Tomorrow gonna try and figure out how to take it apart for the MM and carb adjustments.

Latest posts

Back