echo cs 450p

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homeyd

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
whats the word on this saw? i cut 20 cords a year. is the 5 year warranty all THAT? i know yall know .lets hear it please:blob2:

whats the word on this saw? i cut 20 cords a year. is the 5 year warranty all THAT? i know yall know .lets hear it please:blob2:

Not a bad saw, another Echo that cuts way faster with a muff modd. I'd get a CS500 if the price was at all close. A CS400 with the lp chain muff modded will cut as fast as a CS450 muff modded with the .325 chain and the CS400 is quite a bit lighter. Steve

You better dig as deeply as you can to verify the warranty. From what I have read and heard on here the warranty on an Echo is not worth the paper it is written on. The saws themselves are good long lasting hard working machines but the warranty suffers lack of backup commitment at the manufacturers end.

Not a bad saw, another Echo that cuts way faster with a muff modd. I'd get a CS500 if the price was at all close. A CS400 with the lp chain muff modded will cut as fast as a CS450 muff modded with the .325 chain and the CS400 is quite a bit lighter. Steve
will the muffler mods void the warranty?

yes it will i have an echo 670 67.cc if the small ones dont cutt fast enough buy a bigger saw id never buy under a 67cc saw to slow my 670 is all stock it will ran with the 441 stihl

will the muffler mods void the warranty?

If you depend on the warranty, don't mess with it... This latest round of Echo saws are very nice machines..
At a very good price... But depending on a warranty may just be setting yourself up for disappointment...
Chances are, you'll need to void the warranty, just to get them set properly. The 2 I've dealt with new, were way too lean right out of the box... But were well worth the money after mods were made...

Echo's are very nice saws, I have a 400 and love it. As for warranty all manufacturers try their best to deny you.

If you depend on the warranty, don't mess with it... This latest round of Echo saws are very nice machines..
At a very good price... But depending on a warranty may just be setting yourself up for disappointment...
Chances are, you'll need to void the warranty, just to get them set properly. The 2 I've dealt with new, were way too lean right out of the box... But were well worth the money after mods were made...
thanks i have 2 huskys 350 great saws but my son gassed one .thats the only prob ever had .bad azz saws for the way we roll .they both came from slowes hardware.but as stated no probs as far as warrenty claims.no need. got a husky and sthil dealer local,but most folks round here say if you dont if you arent a logger or pro they blame it on ethoynel or straight gas.. the good side is friend of a friend has a echo dealership .for wat thats worth. think they would do me right.just wondering ? how the echos rate with the gurus on this forum.if i were half as knowledge as some of yall cats i wouldnt worry id fix it myself.just need a good saw .is the cs 450 p the way to roll? thanks folks btw less than 400.00 w/ 18 in b/c:msp_confused:

thanks i have 2 huskys 350 great saws but my son gassed one .thats the only prob ever had .bad azz saws for the way we roll .they both came from slowes hardware.but as stated no probs as far as warrenty claims.no need. got a husky and sthil dealer local,but most folks round here say if you dont if you arent a logger or pro they blame it on ethoynel or straight gas.. the good side is friend of a friend has a echo dealership .for wat thats worth. think they would do me right.just wondering ? how the echos rate with the gurus on this forum.if i were half as knowledge as some of yall cats i wouldnt worry id fix it myself.just need a good saw .is the cs 450 p the way to roll? thanks folks btw less than 400.00 w/ 18 in b/c:msp_confused:

If you can get the friend of a friend to actually tune it correctly, youll like it. I wouldnt worry about voiding the warranty, you just about have to with most new saws anyway to get them to run conrrectly. Open the muffler, remove carb limiters, richen them up a little.

That cs 400 I bought brand new two years ago. My friends bought it 3 years ago. 1 saw to work a crew of 3 to keep food on the table and rent paid is a lot to ask for a 40 cc saw. That saw is . . . . I don't know; but, it runs the same like a new 400. The only thing is that with the cs 400 (between my friends saw and my own) the chain keeps flying off if you are cutting brush. Anyone have that problem? I wonder then about the cs 450, for reason. it has a bar similar to my cs 530. kinda an oval shape. Chain comes of very seldem and I use it to mulch down the branches and brush into my trailer. So any one with experience with the cs 450 or 450 p have such an issue?

Last edited:

It would be fine, but the belle's of the lineup are the 400, 500, and 600...
Get what you can afford, tune it right, and it'll serve you well...

I just bought an echo cs450 a few weeks ago. After doing some research (on arborsite), I took the limiter caps off and tuned it myself. Everyone is right about it being set too lean from the factory - it was unbelievable and wouldnt have lasted very long. I didnt get the p, which I think comes with an Oregon LPX chain, but this saw does pretty well with the BPX safety chain. I have a couple chisel chains on order and I also found a wireless Echo tach for 57 bucks to help me tune it once I do the muffler mod everyone suggests. I'll let ya know how it goes when they come in.

I'm a newbie to the site and, although it takes a little while to find it, there is a wealth of information here. The way I see it, Arborsite saved me from burning up a $380 saw. Thanks to everyone.

Latest posts

Back