echo cs-5000 questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDT

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I bought a used echo cs 5000 saw off ebay. And i dont know nothing about the saw at all . I would like to know the oil and gas mix ratio, and maybe saw specs if possible. Or a website that would have that imformation. The help would be appreciated . Thanks.

Try their website, i think it is echo-usa.com. If that doesnt help maybe somebody will chime in. If you want to find out super quick put this in the chainsaw forum. Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the help . I found the imformation i needed . Is this a good or bad saw. I just plan on using it around home for a few trees and some fire wood. Thanks again.

Echo are not regarded by most as a pro saw, but they are reliable and long lasting.

A good saw imo.

Last edited:
The Echo cs5000 is under powered for everyday tree work, we used to use these for ground saws and they did not hold up so well. Prob. o.k. for the home owner type use. The 6700 & 8000's hold up pretty good though.

Well i tore the saw apart today cleaned it up a bit looks like it has been taken care of though.Cut with it for about an hour or so . It ran and cut fine with no problems . It might work out good for what i need it for . Thanks for the info all.

Latest posts

Back