Echo CS-600P

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just one worm, not a whole can. Far as saws go they all have pistons that go up and down. Steve

Not all of them......:)

800px-KMS4.jpg

The thing about the echo that people keep forgetting is that they have a 5 YEAR warrenty. 5 years............... thats a great warrenty.

If I did not have this 6 cube affliction, there would be a 600 in my line up.

Echo makes a nice 6+ cube the CS-1200 if we can just figure out how to get one from Brazil. I still have my 6 cube CS-1001 and thinking of building another from new parts...Bob

The old school Echos are a whole different ballgame than the new saws. Just like Homelite, Poulan, and others, they all used to be solid built professional grade saws. Echo hasn't fallen to the level of some of the others, but they're not built like they used to be. I'm not trying to say they're not well built, just saying that comparing to old Echos is not a fair comparison.

Porting & MM'n vs. Longevity

"I'm pleased with my stock Echo cs-600p. But, I like 'bout any brand of saw as long as it does what I need it ta do, ...and it starts easy! (I did pull the caps tho.)
But I'm wondering ...does MM'n and Portin limit the life span of the saw? (compared to a stock saw put thru equal...'abuse'/ use?) ;)
I might be interested in MuffMod'n mine.
Ok, Thankee!"
Schipp

The old school Echos are a whole different ballgame than the new saws. Just like Homelite, Poulan, and others, they all used to be solid built professional grade saws. Echo hasn't fallen to the level of some of the others, but they're not built like they used to be. I'm not trying to say they're not well built, just saying that comparing to old Echos is not a fair comparison.

Don't forget to mention Stihl and Husky, same thing more plastic and less metal. Steve

screws from scratch

"Starting from scratch on my echo 600p, where do I set my H and L and LA? Turn my H & L all the way in then out how many turns? (caps r out)
Also about where do I start with the LA? If the LA is really out of whack will that affect the L? heh heh ("i'm'a newb") :)
Ok, Thankee! Oh, also, how can I find out how ta muff mod it?
Thankee!"
Schipp

I like that saw but wasn't there a thread on here a month or so back that someone had one and it didn't oil the chain very well. That would be a mojor concern and speaks of Echo's build quality.

I like that saw but wasn't there a thread on here a month or so back that someone had one and it didn't oil the chain very well. That would be a mojor concern and speaks of Echo's build quality.

My 600p oils fine. Plenty of oil. Never had a problem. If there was one I am sure it does not speak for all the 600ps off the line. EVERY manufacture including the Big S have had a defect now and then.:)

Not seeing any issue so far

My 600p has a fully adjustable oiler, and it is clutch driven so it doesn't waste oil at idle. Seems to work and oil just spiffy, and the adjuster does in fact work well, and it doesn't leak any except what is stuck on the bar and chain once it is off, if you have it turned up higher than stock (which I did).

Now I do remember a thread on some of the newer cheaper husky homeowner's saws that had some probs oiling, maybe a 435?

My 600p oils fine. Plenty of oil. Never had a problem. If there was one I am sure it does not speak for all the 600ps off the line. EVERY manufacture including the Big S have had a defect now and then.:)
i own stihl and echo,echo is the only saw that still oils like it should. the new stihls' are very stingy with oil. infact other than my 362R & 460R most of the new stihls' will get 2 tanks of fuel to 1 tank of oil.

oil leak

"My Echo 600p oils VERY well! In fact, while I was holdin it still tryin ta adjust the H screw, I thought I had an oil leak because of all the oil that come out.
It has an adjustablr oil setting underneath the saw but mine does great from factory setting. Still have oil left over when I run out of fuel."
"Still askin fer where do I start (how many turns out) with the L , H & LA screws tho." :)
"Thankee!"
Schipp

certain models of Stihl I believe

"I'm not bashin any brand because I'd like ta have some of all of'em. But It seems to me there was a thread talkin about some Stihls not having a setting to increase the oil flow or sumthin. And the owners was wanting more oil to come out.
My Stihl 025 shows heat color all the way around my bar. (prolly my fault tho) But it does not hav an oil adjustment that I can find.
That Echo 600p tho, I'm very pleased with. Starts easy even in cold weather, cuts strong & oils well. The air filter stays clean. I got a good deal on it so, hey!" :)
Schipp

"I'm not bashin any brand because I'd like ta have some of all of'em. But It seems to me there was a thread talkin about some Stihls not having a setting to increase the oil flow or sumthin. And the owners was wanting more oil to come out.
My Stihl 025 shows heat color all the way around my bar. (prolly my fault tho) But it does not hav an oil adjustment that I can find.
That Echo 600p tho, I'm very pleased with. Starts easy even in cold weather, cuts strong & oils well. The air filter stays clean. I got a good deal on it so, hey!" :)
Schipp

Many Stihls are very stingy with the oil. However, they seem to get the job done. It's just not what we're used to seeing.

Get real . If any saw doesn't put out enough oil it would be because of the EPA and for sure would have nothing to do with the build qualty. Steve

Schipp, if you look in the owner's manual you can see the recommended starting points for the adjustement screws and if you do pull the limiter caps yo have to remember how much movement you did in order to get the tabs to line up with the holes to pull them out, and then adjust the screws back to where you started. For what it's worth, I did pull the caps but the carb screws are very close to where Echo recommends.

Back