Echo CS-670 - How does it compare?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 670 is a badass saw. It will outwork and outlast any non-pro Stihl and is easily as good as any pro Stihl.
You guys can believe that Stihl marketing BS if you want, but I choose to base my opinions from personal experience and real-world performance.

What a joke, LOL.:ices_rofl: The home owner Stihls are the only ones fair to compare a echo to, Pro Stihls are way out of echo's reach. echo saws are ok and better than the junk from wally world but they can't compete with any of the big 3.

What a joke, LOL.:ices_rofl: The home owner Stihls are the only ones fair to compare a echo to, Pro Stihls are way out of echo's reach. echo saws are ok and better than the junk from wally world but they can't compete with any of the big 3.

I agree. My 211 stock would hang with their 40 cc model. I agree they are decent and anything i've had echo has been durable but no pros at least around here are gonna use them. My neighbor just bought one of their new red blowers and it just doesn't feel powerful next to my bg 55. The whole echo sales pitch is warranty "which is great" and the overinflated category A rating which does no more than please the epa, it doesn't mean squat as far as reliability. If they would actually tap into the potential that their engines may have they could please some customers, thank god for the home depot or they would probably be out of business, and another thing their prices arent all that great considering the 370 at $269 when husky and stihl make the same priced/power saw that will blow it away!

I can't really take the Echo saws seriously, because of the mostly very low power to weight (and cc) ratios - no wonder that they mostly keep the power output a secret......:monkey:

.....clumsy looking designs add to the picture.

Last edited:
Over 30 years on work saws in the bush, have used and seen various echos come and go over time, NONE of them ever had real 'kick' or performance, all of them pretty much dull as ditchwater...

I can't really take the Echo saws seriously, because of the mostly very low power to weight (and cc) ratios - no wonder that they mostly keep the power output a secret......:monkey:

Coming from someone that has never run one your not to be taken seriously either. Steve

I have not seen too many in action. I do have one small one, and it seems ok.. but then only use it for light trimming and carrying aloft. Fact is that nobody around here ever uses the larger Echo saws in the bush, not saying they don't somewhere but not here. Which was why I originally asked about them vs the Stihl. With the price break, my years of knowledge of the Stihl, I grabbed the 441.. playing it safe. I can not speak harshly against the Echo as I simply don't know, never seen the big ones in action.

However, some rental stores around here do have them, so maybe I will try one out and see how it does compare someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SawTroll
I can't really take the Echo saws seriously, because of the mostly very low power to weight (and cc) ratios - no wonder that they mostly keep the power output a secret......

Coming from someone that has never run one your not to be taken seriously either. Steve

I second that steve

I will not argue about weight to power at least for their two largest saws but when you start calling them clumsy it becomes very apparent you have never ran one

Latest posts

Back