Echo CS 680 how much do they cost new & What 's the opinion of any users????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverRat2

Serio Tree Freak
Reaction score
I Was wondering how much a P/C kit with gaskets would cost,,,

Any one ever done a top end on one????

It was definitly straight gassed,,, one ring piston,,,,,

will try to post up a pic of the piston shortly

I picked up a scored echo cs-670 to see what it was about. Ended up using the cs-680 piston and cylinder on the rebuild. The 680 oem p&c set was around $150 and that was with a two ring piston, gasket, clips, pin and top bearing. I also replaced the carb for the project with a new one because the check valve was leaking. Opened up the new cylinder and set the squish. Runs good.

Echo changed their p&c design on the latest red/orange 680 and 8000. Older models had flat top pistons with standard closed port cylinders. The new ones have come in as quad port closed transfer cylinders with high dome pistons.

There is a 680 p&c set on ebay right now for $135 with free shipping.
ECHO CS-680 Chainsaw Cylinder Assembly Brand New!!! - eBay (item 120676418470 end time Feb-24-11 16:38:31 PST)

If you dont want to replace it let me know ill buy it from you.

I picked up a scored echo cs-670 to see what it was about. Ended up using the cs-680 piston and cylinder on the rebuild. The 680 oem p&c set was around $150 and that was with a two ring piston, gasket, clips, pin and top bearing. I also replaced the carb for the project with a new one because the check valve was leaking. Opened up the new cylinder and set the squish. Runs good.

Echo changed their p&c design on the latest red/orange 680 and 8000. Older models had flat top pistons with standard closed port cylinders. The new ones have come in as quad port closed transfer cylinders with high dome pistons.

Havent looked @ the Carb much yet the sticker says it is a 2010 model... are there tabbed limiters??? A pita to remove ???

What was the Final squish ??? did you use a gasket or just sealant for the cyl/crankcase joint???

There is a 680 p&c set on ebay right now for $135 with free shipping.
ECHO CS-680 Chainsaw Cylinder Assembly Brand New!!! - eBay (item 120676418470 end time Feb-24-11 16:38:31 PST)

That's just the cylinder, and his price is hugely inflated.
The CS-670 cylinder is $75, and a piston kit is $45.85.

I have a new cs 680 I love that saw. Starts great runs wel with a good sharp chain like every saw should. I even run a 32 inch bar on it with a skip chain sometimes. The warranty is great. And I believe the cost is some around 650 680 new

I Was wondering how much a P/C kit with gaskets would cost,,,

Any one ever done a top end on one????

It was definitly straight gassed,,, one ring piston,,,,,

will try to post up a pic of the piston shortly

here is a pic of the Piston,, My camera is not real good but I can see scoring on the intake side as well,,, pretty sure it was straight gassed

171488d1297132664-cs680pistontoast-jpg

Last edited:
my 680 was $643 and change with a 24 inch bar. good saw. a bit heavier than my 044 and seems to me a bit less power but its tougher for sure. tank/rear handle is metal versus plastic on most any other new saw out there. echo knows how to build a tough saw. saw runs really well and its completely stock, no muff mod or anything, carb was tuned by the dealer. ive got a loop of square ground semi-skip chain im gonna try on it pretty soon, should really rip with that chain. good luck

I like mine as well. I think I paid ~ $650 for it with a 24" b/c. Echo makes the best bang for the buck saw out there, imo.

Schweet,,,, Getting hooked with a P/C from a site sponsor at a considerable savings compared to Flea bay and what I found locally,,, Will do a Mild woods port & MMod posting some pics as I go,,,,, and see how it does,,,,,

O.K. then that is great! Let us know who the sponser is so we can go there first.:msp_biggrin:

OK will do,,, Here ya go!!!!

Its Kyle from Edge & Engine,,, Made a sweet deal from a site sponsor Got the OEM CS 680 Piston Kit, Cylinder and gaskets for around 130.00 shipped to SE TX

There is a link to his online website on his post #7 on page one of this thread, if you want to call him and the # doesent come up, just PM me and I will send you his INFO,,,,

That's just the cylinder, and his price is hugely inflated.
The CS-670 cylinder is $75, and a piston kit is $45.85.

Last edited:
Got the new top end Put on yesterday between working on customers saws and string trimmers,,, The culprit was a seriously lean adjusted Carb,,,

Rebaslined the carb had to pull the limiters to get it where it needed to be,,,,

Does any one have the Max RPM settings for the CS680, oh and even though the IPL showed a 2 ring piston what came in the piston kit was a single ring just like what came off of it.
Did I mention it is a heavy Pig!!!!!!!:msp_flapper:

Found it,,, Engine speed Idle r/min 2800 - 3000
Clutch engagement r/min 3800
Wide open throttle r/min 12500 - 14000
Standard Front hand guard, Rear hand guard,
features Anti-vibration device, Spiked bumper,
Throttle control lockout, Chain brake,
Chain catcher, Spark arrestor muffler

Last edited:
Help with carb settings!!!

Yes it is a heavy pig. I don't have a tach so I don't know what they turn, but they hold the rpm well in the wood.:msp_thumbup:

Mine was used in a comercial firewood operation for many years and it still runs like a new saw. It has been flopped on its clutch cover to add fuel and oil so many times the chain brake and handle are almost sanded flat.:hmm3grin2orange:

Let me ask you a couple of questions, on cold starts is it slow to warm up??? like it has a Cat muffler,,, does anyone know if they have a catylitic muffler

Its like I have to baby/feather the throttle a bit before it will rev good. and when below 45°F it has to be started a couple of times, I'm already out almost 2 full turns on the L setting on the Walbro carb and to me the throttle response is just a tad sluggish???

and it oils like the Exxon Valdez or an old Harley!!!!!!!!!!! even turned down all the way after you run it it marks its territory wherever you set it down!!!!!

Last edited:
Mine doesn't act anything like that either and it only seems heavy after hauling lighter saws around. I haven't opened the muffler up because I never thought it needed it for what I want it to do. Good luck with it.

Mine doesn't act anything like that either and it only seems heavy after hauling lighter saws around. I haven't opened the muffler up because I never thought it needed it for what I want it to do. Good luck with it.

I checked the L setting it was @ 1.5 from the bottom, I took it out to 2 full rounds and it started way better and didnt die and it accelerates better,,,I warmed it up ,, checked the idle and it was low @ 2400 so I brought it up to 2800 and checked WOT is as 12,250 so i leaned the H & brought it up to 13150 it seems pretty snappy so thats better,,,:msp_biggrin: I'm not sure on the cold start procedure,, do you squeeze the throttle and then set the choke toset the fast idle???? but I noticed that when you pull the choke it engages another lever on the carb???

I don't know about a 680 but on quite a few models pulling the choke out sets the fast idle, no need to hold the throttle open. Also some newer models need 2-1/2 to 4 turns out on the adjusters, they must be using finer threads or changing the jet tips. steve

Back