Echo cs8000 value?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronH

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have an echo cs8000. It runs well. Only issue I know of is that the on off switch works intermittently. Can you all give me an approximate value with a 36 inch bar?

I walked away from one locally for $150, it ran but compression was low. I think I got $250 for the one I sold last year with a 24" bar.

I got somewhere between 3-350 for mine iirc a few years ago on eBay. Wasn't perfect but a nice running saw.

I haven't done a compression reading on it. It looks and runs pretty well. I just didn't know how it compared monetarily to a stihl of similar size.

Decent saw and well built, but for sure not one of the best saws in their line-up. I had one for a while, and found it was OK with a 24" bar on it, but I wouldn't want to pull much more than that with it. It would do so, skip chain would help out the longer bar situation, but I can tell anyone reading this for certain, it wouldn't hold a candle to my 181SE anyplace. I kept it around here for a few years, and never found myself reaching for it for any outings to the woods to cut all day, so it went on down the road. Mine was in perfect shape, sold on Ebay for around $350 nearly as I can remember.......Cliff

Latest posts

Back