Echo Kyoritsu CS-301

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Climber

Reaction score
I came across an old Echo Kyoritsu CS-301. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the saw. I’m curious as to whether it’s worth anything as a collector item or if it’s destined for the junk pile.

I have a CS-305. I assume they are similiar but not sure. Mine is a smaller chainsaw with a 14" bar. It got where it seemed to be loosing power and then it wouldn't start. I have other chainsaws so it sat idle for a year. Then I decided I needed a smaller chainsaw again so I bought a cheap new carberataor kit off amazon. It was $25 for the carb, fuel filter, spark plug, fuels lines, etc. it had good reviews on Amazon. I just swapped the carb and filter out and it runs like new. Glad to have it back in action. Echo makes good, reliable stuff. I would keep it.

Looks like a 30cc top handle. Manual shows it with CS-346. I've got a 346 and it's been a good little saw. Based on similarities I'd expect the 301 to also be a decent small saw.

I wouldn't think there is any collector value. If a runner (and priced well) it would be a handy little saw. Not running.....I wouldn't mess with it.

Looks like a 30cc top handle. Manual shows it with CS-346. I've got a 346 and it's been a good little saw. Based on similarities I'd expect the 301 to also be a decent small saw.

I wouldn't think there is any collector value. If a runner (and priced well) it would be a handy little saw. Not running.....I wouldn't mess with it.

What would you consider to be a fair price?

I came across an old Echo Kyoritsu CS-301. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about the saw. I’m curious as to whether it’s worth anything as a collector item or if it’s destined for the junk pile.

It was a good saw back in the days: not as glamorous as same displacement contemporary saws from Europe but generally more reliable and often far better put together.
So what's it worth? Not much.

These little Echo's pop up regularly for sale as people clean their basements or grandpa moves to the great logging camp in the sky so they are not exactly rare. There's no aftermarket apart from bars, chains and carburetor kits and used parts follow the typical pattern: everybody tells you they are "easy to find" but when you need something supply mysteriously dries up overnight.

Since the saw is still branded as Kyoritsu (the company was later renamed Kyoritz and later still merged with Shindaiwa to form the present Yamabiko concern) this is an early CS-301 and small saws from that time frame are usually bought and sold in block because there really isn't a lot of demand for them.
Personally I wouldn't buy it but if I were selling it would be 50 plus shipping "as is", and I would probably be sitting on it a whole lot of time.

Excited to see your post about your Kyoritsu, Echo CS-301. Mine is serial #0030789, bought new in 1970 from Echo Dealer in SC, best saw I ever had for its size. Its all original, still runs great, Never fails to crank, never a wrench on it nor any carb. adjustments. It is 'somewhat hard' to find original parts for it like 'air filter' so I clean and use it right on. Clean it, use it, if handyman and its not an antique yet. Also have an Echo weedeater thats 35 years old, still runs good for a SC farm boy. Good luck in MA.

Anyone know the starter rope diameter and how many turns the pulley needs to be wound to specs? I tried using a different brand off a weed eater I had around, but its either to big or not wound up enough because it pulls out with tension and almost starts but wont wind back without opening the housing and tapping it by hand. I've looked through the manual and scoured the web but haven't found the exact OEM diameter or the proper amount of turns for the right tension. Thanks

Latest posts

Back