Echo PowerBlend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchipper95

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used Echo PowerBlend Xtened Life Oil. Meet and Exceeds ISO L-EGD & JASO FD. The oil also has Fuel Stabilizers and is low smoke! Spec wise stuff seems great, similar to Motul 710.

Out of the thousands and thousands of members here, I'm pretty sure no one has ever tried that brand. Why don't you give it a go and report back with your findings.

Out of the thousands and thousands of members here, I'm pretty sure no one has ever tried that brand. Why don't you give it a go and report back with your findings.

Well I did buy some today I just couldn't resist. The specs and ratings just told me to try it. I know a good bit of people use HP Ultra but that's only JASO FB. So spec wise Echo has better oil than Stihl.

I've used it before and I will never buy it again. Not that the oil isn't any good, on the contrary seemed very stable. The issue I had was that is doesn't really darken the gas so every time I filled the saw my heart would stop lol. Just my experience your mileage may vary.

I've used it before and I will never buy it again. Not that the oil isn't any good, on the contrary seemed very stable. The issue I had was that is doesn't really darken the gas so every time I filled the saw my heart would stop lol. Just my experience your mileage may vary.
So you wont use it because it does not make your "mix" dark enough in color?

Yeah Stihl tried that a few years ago.the Local Stihl Shop owner wasn't happy because you couldn't really tell the gas was Mixed.

I haven't, and would never use anything that is assosiated with Echo - that doesn't mean it is bad though, just that I don't care!

Mine is labeled chainsaw also, actually chinsaw cause my 8 year old cousin wrote it which was pretty impressive cause at 8 I'm pretty sure I was spelling my name wrong and probly eating dirt but I digress; its just the act of pouring and that split second you go **** did I forget to mix that makes your heart flip.

try the red armor it has a dark red color to it. i would run them both but my dealer jacked the price to 3.99 per bottle and i would rather spend less on belray

No prejudice against Echo here. I've used their mix oils, among others, for many years with zero probs noted.

What would Niko say if we told him that Aspen uses that oil in their canned premix? Just kidding.

I've always used stihl synthetic with no problems. Might switch to betray h1r I used to love that oil in my dirt bikes.

Latest posts

Back