echo small jet carb tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bayard

bayard

Addicted to ArboristSite
i have a few echo 265 and 285 weed whacker,s and pole saw. they all need a very small carb adj. but the dealer will not sell the tool.where can i get one? thanks

dougand3

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
The Echo trimmer carbs I've seen are big (relatively) barrel carbs. Some have an antitamper plug over the jet. And underneath is just a slotted head. Can you take a pic and post?

dougand3

dougand3

Addicted to ArboristSite
The carb tools for saws are small screwdriver size and the business end is 1. spline 2. pac-man 3. D 4. Double D. Search carb tool on ebay and look at pics. I doubt any of 1-4 will work on Echo trimmer carb.

rd35

Just an average Joe's brother!!
. AS Supporting Member.
My Bolens trimmer ($10 buy from a buddy at work) has the "D" shaped H jet. I ordered a tool off fleabay for it. Long delivery time....so I lost my patience and used my dremel too to cut a slot in the top of the jet that my pocket flat screwdriver fits. Runs great now! (don't tell anyone...I might get in trouble!)

fordf150

fordf150

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Sponsor
Echo has a tiny D on some of their trimmers. 1/16 diameter or so. Never seen it for sale anywhere except from echo

rd35

Just an average Joe's brother!!
. AS Supporting Member.
I read somewhere that only qualified service dealers are allowed by the EPA to make adjustments to these tamper-proof carburetors and that it is illegal for them to sell the special adjustment tools. That may be why the tool I ordered has a 4-week lead time....as it is coming from China!

Latest posts