Echo TH and pro model at HD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... we have 2 shelves full of burnt up HD Echos...

Huh? but echos don't get death-rattles and die. mountainlake and all the echo experts said so..

:after_boom:

Last edited:
The only ones that get any rattle are the ones you run. Steve

I don't use echos because all echos rattle and screech, but the echo rep told me it's nothing to worry about, says it's just small bits of iron-slag bouncing around inside the hollow pot-metal or something

Huh? but echos don't get death-rattles and die. mountainlake and all the echo experts said so..

:after_boom:

The echo's I speak off are not set up straight gassed abused beaten happy HD customer saws that have no clue. But if assuming a brand is junk because of hearsay and no actual experience with them makes you sleep a night I'm ok with that...as long as you are and we can leave it at that and move on to something actually productive? maybe?

Probly not

"no one expects the echo inquisition nobody! Are cheif main weapons are...":hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
echo 330 t

I have and use an echo 330 t with a muff mod I bought the saw from HD and did the mod myself,I really like this little saw a lot its easy to handle up in the trees and it never gives me any problems cutting through big branches or trunk,but I was wondering is there any real difference between the 330t from HD, the cs330t , from the dealer , or their big brother the cs 355t besides the cc's:help:

the true difference in quality is lack of dealer knowledge being passed to consumer, and proper setup and initial run in by a tech. i get tons of echo stuff that was bought at depot in multiple times then the customer writes off the brand from their own lack of knowledge patience. only once in a blue does a unit we sold come back and have an actual failure. in seven years i've had 1 true non abuse failure on a saw and 2 handheld blowers(which were promptly replaced with a new model under warranty). but we have 2 shelves full of burnt up HD Echos...shame really

I have been to 3 dealers around here, 2 were Stihl and Echo dealers. The Echo guys told me they wouldn't tune them beyond the limiters, which I understand is the issue with new Echos. I bought mine NIB of CL and removed the limiters myself, so dealer support did nothing for me. Could be the guys that bought them at HD just didn;t know how to care for them.

HD 330t

I bought my 330t at HD did a muf mod tunedthe carb without limiters and have been running it non stop for about two months and to be honest its great gets the job done every time I really love this little saw I would like to upgrade to the 355 but my pocket is pretty tight at the moment and I don't see any reason to rush when this little saw is doing way more than I expected

up up up

besides it handles real well when your straped in 50 ft up in the tree kinda surprised me:clap:

Only 50ft.?:msp_tongue: I was in the bucket today 65ft. Doing a removal and had to get out and climb another 50ft to cut the top out and work my way back down to the bucket and finished it from the bucket:dizzy:

wish i had a tree that big on the job

But the point of the matter is that little echo really Hung in there

Hi! Guys, Just chiming in on the Echo cs330T. I just picked one up at my local HD for $150.00 brand new in the box. They were clearing out the models and cut me a deal I just couldn't pass up. I've wanted a climbing saw for awhile and I've always had great luck with Echo.I would like to know more about the muffler mod and removal of the limiter. But I am looking forward to using this little saw. Glad I get to keep $450.00 I did'nt have to spend on a Stihl I was looking at. Not trying to start any trouble. Just saying..

I just got done putting a new engine in a 330t that was straight gassed, switched it to a 360t ,$130 for the whole engine really reasonable. Without a muff modd it was doggy, with a muff modd huge improvement, snaps you hand good on acceleration and has really good power for 36cc. Seems like Echo is finally getting away from the clogged up muffs some with the 355t, CS500p, maybe the CS600p. Steve

I bought a 600p from a echo dealer,biggest dissapointment since i been messin with chainsaws . they put mix in it from a can which is ok. started it and said heres your saw. i asked if they would tune it to richen it up and he said no. i spent $642.00 for saw w/24" bar and 2 spare chains. And i couldnt wait to get the hell outa thete. i looked at ordering one from home cheapo but could only get a 20" bar. i checled at 2 diff dealers before i bought they both said they wouldnt tune it . just start it and maybe put a tach on it. ya any way i dont see any big advantage buying from a dealer. just my 2 cents

It's best to learn to tune yourself then you know it's done. I sure wouldn't trust a dealer unless I watched him pull the caps and tune which is illegal for them. Buy as cheap as you can off Ebay, tune and muff modd. Steve

It's best to learn to tune yourself then you know it's done. I sure wouldn't trust a dealer unless I watched him pull the caps and tune which is illegal for them. Buy as cheap as you can off Ebay, tune and muff modd. Steve

Truer words never spoken. All my Echo's are used, no warranty EBay and pawn shop rescues. Around here most Echo dealers don't perform service anyway, most send them out to a large facility that does warranty work for a bunch of different brands. When your machine comes back it may be fixed and it may not. Most folks take them to a small engine shop, of which there are many good ones around here. Or, do as I do and learn to fix 'em yourself. I find Echo machines very easy to work on and parts are available everywhere.

Home Depot doesn't pose a threat to anybody around here. Their Echo prices are the same or higher than an independent dealer. HD only has a presence in our larger cities where they don't sell all that many saws.

Back