Echos have some insane compression!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kid will cut off his foot and the parents will sue Echo for not having safety locks to keep kids from using them

Yall see him just barely enough strength to get that big chainbrake back:hmm3grin2orange: My girlfriend can fire up my poulan while holding it and she is probably about his size...

How would he lose his toes? He did have the brake on at least.

Ill have him step on my poulan like that see what happens. He might clear the chain but he wont clear my kick in the rear:hmm3grin2orange: Seriously its in the manual on how to start it.....

If you're not big/strong enough to start it safely, you shouldn't using it. Time for some responsible parenting, but they probably approve of this or think it's cute.

I will, however, give the kid credit for taking an interest in something useful and not sitting on the couch all day.

We're talking about a 12 year old kid here. . .
Ok so you think a 12yr old should be around a 60cc saw? Heck some grown men dont have business near one!

If you're not big/strong enough to start it safely, you shouldn't using it. Time for some responsible parenting, but they probably approve of this or think it's cute.

I will, however, give the kid credit for taking an interest in something useful and not sitting on the couch all day.
Agreed, yes i think its cool he is into all. I do like his ryobi attachment thing wonder if its worth a flip.....

This bunch confuses me. If a kid is playing video games or hanging out at the mall or doing other such things, he's a no good lout with no respect for what it takes to be a responsible person. If he goes out and takes an active interest in power tools and using them, if he doesn't exhibit adult and proper procedure then he's a moron to be ridiculed.

Come on guys, can we not constructively criticize or at the very least pick on someone besides an enthusiastic kid?

Last edited:
This bunch confuses me. If a kid is playing video games or hanging out at the mall or doing other such things, he's a no good lout with no respect for what it takes to be a responsible person. If he goes out and takes an active interest in power tools and using them, if he doesn't exhibit adult and proper procedure then he's a moron to be ridiculed.

Come one guys, can we not constructively criticise or at the very least pick on someone besides an enthusiastic kid?

How many men you see step on the top cover of their saws and give it a tug!

Its good entertainment.

When the kid fell off the saw while attempting to start it, think what would have happened if the chain brake were disengaged and the saw were in the fast idle position.

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

OMG, what an assclown. He needs to give one of us experienced saw owners that saw. Seriously, who the hell stands on the saw to start it. His hands are tiny, is he ten or something? Parental supervision fail. He should not be allowed to touch that chainsaw until proper starting procedures are implemented into that dumb brain of his. Judas Priest.

Off of the ranting soapbox... :rant: :angrysoapbox:

daddey was't there...:cry:

you gotta give the boy some credit atlest he knows where the pull cord is..

He should've tried with a smaller saw... then it would all be good, as it would be easier for him to pull over. Ya, I was a little harsh. He did okay, could have been messier (saw chewing through leg) and/or more damaging to the saw (plastics losing virginity)

Latest posts

Back