efco 152....would you pay 3 bills for new

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call that a company that isn't prepared to sell in the US. The dealer network is almost non existent, parts have to be shipped in from who knows where and due to the lack of a dealer network, there is no service or support. That's not an opinion, that's fact. I own an EFCO 952 and 940 and they are what they are. When my Stihl or Husky, or Jred or Dolmar have an issue, I'm 20 minutes away from any dealer I would ever need to get me the parts I need to get them back to normal and I can talk to people that work on them every day. I have nothing against EFCO but to disregard the opinions, facts, of others because they don't own one is absolutely ridiculous. The mechanical issues of certain models of any saw are well published on the internet and it doesn't take any first hand experience to read about them.

I guess I could say the same thing about stihl in my area... not a dealer anywhere near me.
But, I wouldn't/won't - no first hand experience on my part best to keep my mouth shut.
Some are just arrogant enough to think the logic that works for themselves will/should for everyone else. Not name any names some here not only have broken records also... big hats and no cattle.

Bin
I think the OP just asked if the 152 was a good model for $300, no mention of it being a pro model or the best model.

Bingo!
We have a winner. A $300 saw! not a $1000 saw or a $600 saw... no need for some yahoo to throw in another category of saw.

That is true, but then it should be stated that the item is good/very good/excellent etc. for the price - as opposed to overall. ;)

No disrespect Sawtroll, but it seems to me you are the only one in this thread that did not get the message we were discussing $300 50 cc saws, not the best 50 cc saws at any price...

No disrespect Sawtroll, but it seems to me you are the only one in this thread that did not get the message we were discussing $300 50 cc saws, not the best 50 cc saws at any price...
I think the OP just asked if the 152 was a good model for $300, no mention of it being a pro model or the best model.

Yes, but that was soon overshadowed by statements like "great saw" and "runs with the best of them" - which had to be corrected. ;)

Vote - who thinks saw troll needs a class or two on reading comprehension??

Sawtroll actually contributes quite a lot to this forum and I enjoy many of his posts. He does of course have Husky tattooed on his backside though!

There lived a small saw troll near Sweden,
whose wisdom came mainly from readin.
His knowledge was vast,
he'd help if you asked.
That useful ole saw troll near Sweden.

^As long as its a husky therefore it WILL "handle" right and it being a certain weight for approval... one size fits all??

I just bought a brand new Oleo Mac 962 yesterday. I have been convinced by my other EMAK(=Efco & Oleo Mac) saws.

^Its a good thing to buy what works for you. Armchair QB's like you know who, I won't say who.

Its like Obama he's always right and everyone else is wrong...

^The troll fails to realize that every opinion that he spews, is in HIS experience and works best for him, he needs to put it in that context.
Chances are his experience/opinions are much different than anyone else. There is such a thing as an individual at least, over here hence - what suits one most likely will not suit the next guy... some are blind to an obvious fact.

Last edited:
Back