EFCO Brand - Please leave me your feedback!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Efco 962 that I purchased new love it I picked up a 980 three wks ago used seems like it is going to be good also also have a 152 used to early to tell. Just found out a guy I know has a John Deere CS 62 Same as a 962going to see if its for sale. Stay away Hedgerow.:msp_w00t::msp_w00t::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin::msp_biggrin:

Saw hoarder!!!
:bang:

John Deere cs52, my brother in-laws saw. Ran so well I had to find out what it really was. I told him it was a EFCO and he replied he didn't know a Echo could run this good. I can't say anymore than what the others have told you. You need to ADVERTISE, and BETTER DEALERS. 5 year warranty is awesome!

It really is no value in a long warrenty, unless you have a really good and experienced dealer to back you up on any claims. :givebeer:

My current Husky dealer fixed my 339xp on warrenty 3 1/2 years after I bought it, from a different dealer - despite Husky warrenty is just 2 years here. There was an air leak at the intake to the cylinder, and the carb had gone bad. :msp_smile:

I hear the new 165 is a quad port...
Don't know that for sure though...

I understand the 165 is a sad EPA-riddled performer anyway, and barely outcuts the 156 (162 with smaller engine), if at all - and weights quite a bit more. :givebeer:

However, I have to admit that I have never actually ran an Efco saw, and likely never will - because of the hopelessly tasteless design of the outside and controls of the saws, and reportedly bad AV.

Last edited:
Saw hoarder!!!
:bang:

:msp_sneaky::msp_sneaky::msp_sneaky:

They once made a decent saw model, the 162/962/JD62 - that's about it. ;)

I just saw a brand new one at asaw shop in Perry Ks three wks a go .

It really is no value in a long warrenty, unless you have a really good and experienced dealer to back you up on any claims. :givebeer:

My current Husky dealer fixed my 339xp on warrenty 3 1/2 years after I bought it, from a different dealer - despite Husky warrenty is just 2 years here. There was an air leak at the intake to the cylinder, and the carb had gone bad. :msp_smile:

That is called a great Dealer..:rock:

I understand the 165 is a sad EPA-riddled performer anyway, and barely outcuts the 156 (162 with smaller engine), if at all - and weights quite a bit more. :givebeer:

However, I have to admit that I have never actually ran an Efco saw, and likely never will - because of the hopelessly tasteless design of the outside and controls of the saws, and reportedly bad AV.

The antivibe on the three I have are as good as any Swedish saw I have. And better than your favorite saw made in Germany.

Never mind SawTroll - he was involved in a horrible lutefisk making accident a few years back, and now can only see Husqvarna orange. It's sad, really, but the doctors say there's nothing they can do for him.

Steve, I think you need an avatar with a bigger set of knockers.

We can all see your reaction :hmm3grin2orange:

View attachment 261640

attachment.php

The only 2 Efco, Emak,or Oleo-Mac (same thing under different brand names) that i would not only consider, but "want" are the Oleo-Mac 985HD and the 999F, because these chainsaws have just about the best air filtration system in the business, with large automotive style air filters.

The 985HD looks especially good with it's shaker style air filter extension, but both the 985HD and the 999F just look nasty good.

It's a shame that Efco doesn't market their products very well, because they're a good unit when it comes to chainsaws.
The member who suggested that they get their sponsorship splashed all over a Nascar, is definitely on the right track.

Last edited:
Never mind SawTroll - he was involved in a horrible lutefisk making accident a few years back, and now can only see Husqvarna orange. It's sad, really, but the doctors say there's nothing they can do for him.

I don't mind him he is entitled to his opinion. :hmm3grin2orange: Alot of times I agree with him .;);)

There's little the EPA can dream up, that can't be defeated in a matter of a couple hours...
They're just not that bright...

I bought a Efco 940 from a dealer a few years ago, it was something he had in his shop for awhile but was new never used. I found it to be an alright saw, it didn't come with the spikes or whatever you call them so I ordered them, they came with 2 small screws to hold them on, seemed like a "cheap" setup as they screws always came loose.

Latest posts

Back