Efco? realistic alternative?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew346

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know baileys are selling EFCO saws and i was asking for anyones opinion on efco as a brand in general.. im not actually in the market for an efco chainsaw but ive been thinking of buying a long range hedge trimmer for weeks now and i have a fairly good deal on an efco model. Id really prefer one of the stihl kombi machines but theyre serious money.. and my use would be light so im not sure if i could justify it. but part of me fears if im in my garage loooking at a new efco trimmer.. ill be wishing i got the stihl or husqvarna equivalent!

If im honest, im pretty sure that if i were in the market for a new saw, i wouldnt seriously consider the efco as a contender. In a way that makes me kinda shallow as im sure there are pefectly good models out there. But somehow in my mind the best saws are Husqvarna and Stihl and i dont think id have the same pride in owning another brand like i do with my orange and orange/white saws.

However in the world of hedgetrimmers.. almost any brand is fair game. My biased brand elitism doesnt extend itself here so back to my original question! Would anyone rate the efco on its own merits? Reliable? Parts available? Are they better than usual boxstore home Depot fodder? Id really appreciate any replies from anyone in the know.
Regards
Andrew

efco are quality built bits of kit... the hedgecutters are good, i know a number of commercial users.

parts availability shouldnt be a problem within europe.

do it:cheers:

I know baileys are selling EFCO saws and i was asking for anyones opinion on efco as a brand in general.. im not actually in the market for an efco chainsaw but ive been thinking of buying a long range hedge trimmer for weeks now and i have a fairly good deal on an efco model. Id really prefer one of the stihl kombi machines but theyre serious money.. and my use would be light so im not sure if i could justify it. but part of me fears if im in my garage loooking at a new efco trimmer.. ill be wishing i got the stihl or husqvarna equivalent!

Efco has a new kombi-type power unit with multiple attachments:

http://www.multimate-efco.co.uk/

Seems to be for sale in Europe but not US yet.

Dirk youre a genius.. The multimate is a better deal than the efco 8250ic ergo i was looking at. I didnt know Efco made a combi type tool. Rep for that info!! Regards Andrew
and girl 5 takes the win i think!

Latest posts

Back