Efco

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a landscaper who is a DIE HARD John Deere guy, when I told him JD didn't make his saws, and worse they were made in Italy
you'd would have thought I told him there was no Santa.
He has a bunch of JD equipment for his business and we service his handheld stuff and the stuff looks like it's a good quality.

They make some decent looking saws. Ive never held one, But they are reasonably priced. Well i take that back i have held one, I think john deere is made by efco.

JD saws are Efco saws. I've said it before, I really like my Olympyk 970 (same saw as the JD CS71, and the Efco and Ole-Mac versions...I think EMAK is the parent company of it all).

Kevin

JD saws are Efco saws. I've said it before, ..... Olympyk 970 (same saw as the JD CS71, and the Efco and Ole-Mac versions...I think EMAK is the parent company of it all).
Kevin

Right!

...except that JD now has turned to Stihl - probably no more Italian JD saws in the future....

Last edited:
when I told him JD didn't make his saws, and worse they were made in Italy

:monkey: Whats so bad about that?....The Italians make some of the finest stuff in the world and are amazing craftsmen.....:givebeer:

:monkey: Whats so bad about that?....The Italians make some of the finest stuff in the world and are amazing craftsmen.....:givebeer:

Right take fiat for example:dizzy:

My brother bought a cub cadet(efco).Not to pleased with it.
Made kind of cheap

Last edited:

Made kind of cheap

My 970 (71cc) is very well built, but I have read that some of the smaller displacement saws made by Efco are not very well built. Might be like Stihl (or other brands) where they have homeowner grade and professional grade saws (and no, I have nothing against homeowner grade saws).

Kevin

I agree, from double barrelled shotguns, pistols, to rifles, Italians have many of the finest firearms created.:clap:

Made kind of cheap

Yea, every Country has crap manufacturers, including the USA.....Most people here that own the Efco's like them.

How about Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Maserati, etc.?..... Pieces of crap I tell ya. :dizzy:

How about Beretta, Benelli & Franchi?.....More crap huh. :dizzy:

How about motorcycles?.....Ducati....another real peice of crap. :dizzy:

How about cloths?....Armani, Valentino, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Benetton, Prada......Cheap crap I tell ya. :dizzy:

Italians also make some of the finest shoes, sun glasses & gold jewelry in the world......Not to mention some of the best wine and food known to mankind!......Should I go on?

Yousa gotta ah problem with Italians....:laugh:

Last edited:
Yea, every Country has crap manufacturers, including the USA.....Most people here that own the Efco's like them.

How about Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Maserati, etc.?..... Pieces of crap I tell ya. :dizzy:

How about Beretta, Benelli & Franchi?.....More crap huh. :dizzy:

How about motorcycles?.....Ducati....another real peice of crap. :dizzy:

How about cloths?....Armani, Valentino, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Roberto Cavalli, Benetton, Prada......Cheap crap I tell ya. :dizzy:

Italians also make some of the finest shoes, sun glasses & gold jewelry in the world......Not to mention some of the best wine and food known to mankind!......Should I go on?

Yousa gotta ah problem with Italians....:laugh:

Take a pill! Being Italian NO I don't have a prob with them.Learn to take a joke

Back