Jonsered 2166 bumper spikes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle6464

Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 2166 and the holes for the bumper spikes are stripped out, one of them is pretty bad. I was thinking of drilling them out and putting some threaded inserts in or something but not sure if that is the best way to do it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle

Hey guys new to the forum. I have a 2166 and the holes for the bumper spikes are stripped out, one of them is pretty bad. I was thinking of drilling them out and putting some threaded inserts in or something but not sure if that is the best way to do it. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kyle
I would drill/tap them from M5 up to M6 and use M6 screws instead

If they are flogged out enough- to go 5mm to 6mm, you will need to clearance drill the spikes, but possibly not the case- go straight to a tapered tap and finish with a bottoming tap- but use plenty of lube and clean the tap/hole often so you do not bust the front out of the pocket.

Thanks for the responses. Does anyone have a video or link I could use as a guide? I'm not the most mechanically inclined person but trying to learn.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back