Electric Chainsaw Sharpener

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Should I buy this?? Looks and sounds like a life saver.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=324712
115550_ts.JPG

grinder

dont wast your time or money get the 511a and abn wheel and dont look back just my 2 cents good luck

I have tried for years to sharpen a chain with a file and never have been able to get them right.I purchased a grinder and have never regretted my purchase.As others mentioned pass on the cheap ones and purchase a Good Quailty grinded and you wont regret it..

I have a Northern Tool grinder and am very happy with it. I think they are on sale for $89.

Should I buy this?? Looks and sounds like a life saver.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=324712
115550_ts.JPG

Noooooooooo......... Turn and run from that thing, The money saved buying that Cheepie will quickly add up in money on chains ruined because of it....

I think the French call it Garba'ge' (Garbage)..... Run with your hand on your wallet and go get the northern for a few bucks more.....

Nod on the advice to walk away from that one. It's the Buffalo Tool plastic bench sharpener. You can pick it up for $39.99 everyday at some retailers. Spend $100-$120 and get one of the cast units, do a handful of mods, and you'll have a decent tool.

i got one for christmas. tried it, it sucked i just stick to hand filing till i can get a better one:givebeer:

That's about' what I was thinking,..lol. But' I like to try a nice electric sharpener, just to see how sharp is sharp.

I just got an old one, that's in good shape. It's a Foley Belsaw sharpner, from a closed down saw shop. Couldn't turn it down for the price. I love "free" stuff!! Got it, and an Oregon spinner/breaker,for the same LOWWW price.:greenchainsaw:

Ok, I wont get the cheap one I saw online...I've tried many times sharpening manually and my elbow is about to fall off and I'm still blinded by the dust.

I pretty much need to sharpen once a week AT LEAST!

So either a grinder for me or have someone do it for $10 a a time. I'll make it back selling cords. I figure every 3 cords I need a sharpen. :)

If you're sharpening every 3 cords, that might be the problem. Letting the chain get too dull to begin with. I sharpen when needs it, every 2-3 tanks of gas. Could sharpen even more often with a stroke or two per cutter

Back