electric/hydrolic lift gate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bytehoven

Pixel Wrangler
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this question, so please let me know if I should move this thread.

I'm looking for any advice on powered lift gates for 3/4 ton pickups.

After a little research, Tommy Gate & Maxon are the ones I'm finding.

Thanks in advance for any info/experience with a lift gate.

what are you planning on lifting? if its logs you will be saving no time as they are very slow.

If you want a back breaking relief look into a skid steer/loader or one of those grapple trailers.

lift gates are good for lifting cases of beer and are not utilized much if at all in the tree industry

I have one on my truck and i have not used it very much.When needed it works great but is slow.I took the gate off to put a dump insert in last fall and I don't care if I never use the lift again.The lift was one the truck when I bought it .

Thanks...

The lift gate would be for getting heavy goodies into the back of the pickup. Not firewood. Although, it might be one way to get the occassional stump into the back.

Currently I'm using a ramp and dollie.

I bought a F350 two years ago from a paint company... it came with a lift gate. I agree it is a little slow BUT we only lift the big rounds of fire wood with the gate. My crew loves it at the end of the day... when the wood all seems to be big! The downside of owning a lift is when my Father in Law calls to have me p/u his new big t.v.. Also, wood (bark, etc.) chips get stuck in the gate and need to be cleaned out before you can fold it up.

Thanks...

Currently I'm using a ramp and dollie.

that's probably less strenuous than the lift gate. Lift gate you have to carry the stuff over there, drop it on the gate, then get in the back of the truck and pick it oup or roll it back in into the bed if (I understand the system correctly). Seems easier to just roll up the ramp. No risk of pinching your fingers off on the ramp either.

Latest posts

Back