Electric Sharpener $25 on Black Friday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxAggie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Its not that often that the Black Friday sales actually include something to help feed my CAD, but Harbor Freight is supposed to have their chain sharpener for $25.

I know they're not the greatest, but for $25, I think I'll give it a try.

I was told this by an employee and I confirmed it through here.

Hope this was helpful.

TxAggie

*Any support for the Aggies against Texas on Thanksgiving is greatly appreciated.

Got one, used it quite a bit. Not bad for what it is, just have to take small bites since the motor is pretty weak and it will heat up the teeth really bad if you don't watch it. Also, the machine is off a bit when you switch sides, just have to re-align it a bit after turning. Not a big deal if you know it's coming.

I think 25 is what they actually cost. I would just spend the money on files or triple your investment and get the northern tool sharpner, now thats a good value!

I mostly use it to convert chains to ripping chains, but will often sharpen my ripping chains with it because it leaves a more durable edge than round filing. My crosscut chains get round filed.

I had one for a day and quickly returned as it will ruin my chains in no time. There is no way to adjust the angle of the head,only the angle of the cutter. What is the use in that?? Unless other chains have the angle it is set at, it certainly didn't work on my Stihl ones.. :monkey:

I have this one. It only sharpens my .325 chains. It doesn't have an available wheel to sharpen my 3/8 chain on my Rancher.

the wheel I have says it does...
ITEM# 91903 for 1/4" & 3/8" pitch chain

Fits electric chain sharpener item 93213

Like I said above... It's OK... but there is much better sharpeners out there.... If I had to do it all over again, I'd just save my money and get a better one...

I use & sharpen LGX chain.. Doe's OK....

Use it for a dedicated depth gauge grinder

Just a thought. I'm going to try it with mine, and use the NT grinder for the cutters. I won't have to keep changing wheels all the time.

I have one. It was a good deal, I think.

Because it finally drove me to learn to hand file!!!! :dizzy:

I now use it ONLY for rocked chains, to get them back somewhere close to reasonable, then I hand file.

Latest posts

Back