Embarrassed to admit it!?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K7NUT

K7NUT

ArboristSite Guru
Does your Dodge have a Cummings in it?

Yes, it's a Diesel. My wife just calls it "the money pit".

At least you had someone to call for a bailout. :cheers:

Ain't that the truth! And thats why I want a winch, to be there for someone else and to do it on my own. I would never think of breaking the law and pulling logs closer to the road, no!:dizzy:

tatra805

tatra805

ArboristSite Operative
@ manyhobies:

no, that would be too fancy. Lifting the wheels is a bit a problem in any case. If you lift on the frame (which stands at 3ft from ground) you have to lift another 3 FEET to get the tires of the ground!! The tatra has a really flexible drivetrain.

What i ment was that we used military sandplates of 5ft lenght under each wheel and after recovery only found back 1 of them. Driven into the ground VERTICALLY. The others are still there somewhere underground.

One more thing i forgot to mention is that the wheels are hub-drive so the axles are 1.5ft from ground level. Wheel diameter is a bit more than 3ft.

The pictures make you think it was ready to tip but actually everything was still very stable and on the safe side. We had hairy moments much worse than this.

You cannot compare behaviour to anything. I drove fix axle, independent suspension, coil and leaf sprung offroaders in heavy terrain but this just beats anything. It takes a long time to get used to it and find the normal operating habits of this drivetrain but oh man does it go beyond anything else.

Anywhere i went with it i ended up being the recovery vehicle for all others. Yes i got stuck with it a lot of times but never, NEVER, had to have assistance to get me out.

till now...:monkey:

Latest posts