End of the big saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firm next door opperate a mix of ponsse John deers and a couple and valmet harvesters and god knows how many forwarders , the operator in that vid is pretty poor Incomparison to what I see working , slow and badly stacked but the point is there is usually a crew of 3-4 hand cutters on stand by for hairy outsiders the harvesters won’t touch.. although the 562 on a 20” and double cut is the choice, the 395 is still handy on the odd tree ... I haven’t heard much love of the 572 with folks who tested and owned them , part of the reason I opted for a 462.

There are plenty of big 60" + maples & oaks in town, not to mention "Yard Weeds" Giant 12 foot + Sequoia that need a bit more than a 20" bar saw. Pretty much every tree company has at least one 120cc or bigger saw around here.

There’s always a nasty hole somewhere with a big ugly critter that takes the right tool for the job a big saw with a long bar, a spring board to reach the far side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back