England Stove Works - Opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What is your opinion of wood stoves made by England Stove Works? I see them in some of the box stores and in hardware stores around.

The fire boxes don't look very big. Have a glass door.

Englander, Summers Heat and Timber Ridge are all by England Stove Works.

Anyone using any of the above stoves and what is you opinion of them?

Thanks!
Bill

Hop over onto ********** and read the reviews. The consensus is they are a great stove for the money and really throw the heat. You must've seen the NC-13 which is the smaller model. They have a larger model, the NC30 that has a 3.5 cuft firebox.

This time of year you keep your eyes open for he big box stores marking em down for CHEAP!

I have two of them (Englander). I use the smaller one in the house - the larger one in my shop.

One is the older type (TR-18) takes 16" wood. No blowers or catalytic convertor. Puts out plenty of heat - and is easy on wood. I use a fan directed upwards to move the heat around.

The larger stove is a 24-IC with a cat. convertor. Not really crazy about this one but it does have blowers and takes 24" wood. It seems to take much longer to warm up and put out heat.

I cannot comment on the newer EPA stoves with a secondary burn but I do know Englander manufactures a good product.

Nosmo

as mentioned above.a really good stove for short money ! I have been using an Englander wood furnace for 2 years and I love it !
MD

i love my nc-30. It heats my 1700 sq ft. house just fine. My house is poorly insulated.

In 1999 I bought the smallest model they had then they called it a pedestal stove.I payed a little over 300.00 for it.The fire box measures 20"x20"x20" on the outside and is brick lined.The book that came with it said it would take up to a 16" log,but it had better not be cut a little crooked or it will be too long to fit.I cut my wood 14".I guess I can say it has served me well for the money!!!

I use a model 24-ACD.It heats the entire house 1800 sq. I like the cat. converter as I only have to sweep the chimney once a season.The cat. reburns the smoke so there is almoast no creasote.I load it 3 times a day,it will also still have coals left for as long as 12 hrs.Look up the specs at Englander's site. I have had no problems with it in 4 years.Hope this helps your decision.

Latest posts

Back