Englander 28-3500 question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brenndatomu this may be a totally stupid question, but I'm asking it anyway. I was wondering on the wood furnace if I could install the warm air outlet for the upstairs zone in the return air?? Told you it was stupid but if I don't ask...
Actually, I don't think you can. It's called a series install, but the gas furnace supply duct feeds into the cold air return of the wood furnace then the supply of the wood furnace goes to the existing ducts. Putting the supply from the wood furnace into the return of the NG furnace means the heat has to flow down, bad deal if power is out. Maybe some "code" about not putting hot air into the return too, I dunno

i think you should just pony up the money and get one with a plenum you dont want to mess around with wood heat everything has to be as designed or your insurance company wont stand behind you

Actually, I don't think you can. It's called a series install, but the gas furnace supply duct feeds into the cold air return of the wood furnace then the supply of the wood furnace goes to the existing ducts. Putting the supply from the wood furnace into the return of the NG furnace means the heat has to flow down, bad deal if power is out. Maybe some "code" about not putting hot air into the return too, I dunno
Thanks for your knowledge... Dave

im far from a hvac tech, closer to a idiot but i dont think you will ever move enough air out of 2 8"s i think you need to look at the furnace with a plenum
Yeah I'm shootin from the hip here too, but I think it will work. Keep in mind doin the way I suggested gives you two 8"ers feeding each zone. Worse case you have to restrict the closer register vents so as to get air to the end of the run if ya need it there. A lot depends on the layout and heat requirements of the house. In the end, no matter what, it will surely take a LARGE bite out of how much the NG furnaces need to run!

Yeah I'm shootin from the hip here too, but I think it will work. Keep in mind doin the way I suggested gives you two 8"ers feeding each zone. Worse case you have to restrict the closer register vents so as to get air to the end of the run if ya need it there. A lot depends on the layout and heat requirements of the house. In the end, no matter what, it will surely take a LARGE bite out of how much the NG furnaces need to run!
I think that is why we all burn wood for the independence from the utility...

im not sure i have one right in town but i know they are all over around here they do not sell to consumers

Is that an East Coast wholesaler only or would they ship it to me???
I don't believe our local HVAC/plumbing/electrical "wholesale" (they are higher than retail sometimes!:dizzy:) supply house would be willing to ship out of state unless it was a special situation for a really good customer. I would think they would question why you aren't getting one locally, and then have to set up an "account" with them, business address to ship to, etc.

yea i had to set up an accout go on the psg website and check who your closest wholesaler is

Latest posts

Back