Equipment we use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asthesun

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
in case you care, here's what i use
55' bucket
DSC00023.jpg

rayco stumpgrinder
DSC00024.jpg

t-rex loader
DSC00027.jpg

john deere skid steer
DSC00025.jpg

custom grapples freshly remade
DSC00026.jpg

ford f250 to tote deere
DSC00028.jpg

please post what u use and if you wouldnt use what we use, say why

I want one of those grapple dumps, rest of the stuff looks good to, I'll bet most if not all is paid for huh.

I want one of those grapple dumps, rest of the stuff looks good to, I'll bet most if not all is paid for huh.

actually all of it is paid for as far as i know. the bucket and loader truck are ancient, like 30 yrs or more old i believe. thats why they're paid for. actually the loader truck was resurrected from the grave over time and has serious issues, does the job tho. if DOT ever pulled it over, it might put us out of business lol. not my company tho so idc much

I never saw a track set up like that on a skidsteer. Looks like it'll do a decent job as long as your not in really hairy, stump filled terrain. Love the grapple though, that thing is downright nasty lookin'.

I never saw a track set up like that on a skidsteer. Looks like it'll do a decent job as long as your not in really hairy, stump filled terrain. Love the grapple though, that thing is downright nasty lookin'.

I agree, it is a different looking set up..

I am curious of what brand track they are and is that one solid tire or is it duals? Its hard to tell..

I agree, it is a different looking set up..

I am curious of what brand track they are and is that one solid tire or is it duals? Its hard to tell..

its duals, the knobs on the track go between the tires. there's aftermarket tracks you can get for regular tires where there's knobs on either side of the tire to keep the track in place. this thjing is a beasty let me tell you, picks up anything you ask it to and is very nice on the grass. also very smoothe operation in general due to the high weight of it, not alot of bouncing around. you can do a 360 on pavement without bouncing at all

1-021 Stihl
1-310 Stihl
And man power..

Soon to be some bigger saws but for now the 2 we got are perfect..

the truck and trailer:
forestrywork.jpg

1-021 Stihl
1-310 Stihl
And man power..

Soon to be some bigger saws but for now the 2 we got are perfect..

the truck and trailer:
forestrywork.jpg

nice trailer. we need one like that, ours isnt rated to carry our deer, DOT in fl is noticably lacking tho

nice trailer. we need one like that, ours isnt rated to carry our deer, DOT in fl is noticably lacking tho

thanks, spent alot of time to find the one that fit out needs, if we werent going to move up to a larger truck here before long we'd have a gooseneck..

Interesting to see tree cos. without chippers, but with skidsteers and log trucks. Guess that relates to the trees you remove. You guys in fla are removing alot of palms I guess. My stuff is in my signature and pics are on my website if your intested. My bucket isn't on there yet. But its pretty standard. 60' high ranger, 11 foot southco body, through boxes, pony motor, 454 gas. Works well goes ok up a hill fully loaded, by ok I mean bicycles will pass you... haha... Mike

Interesting to see tree cos. without chippers, but with skidsteers and log trucks. Guess that relates to the trees you remove. You guys in fla are removing alot of palms I guess. My stuff is in my signature and pics are on my website if your intested. My bucket isn't on there yet. But its pretty standard. 60' high ranger, 11 foot southco body, through boxes, pony motor, 454 gas. Works well goes ok up a hill fully loaded, by ok I mean bicycles will pass you... haha... Mike

naw, we're in central fl. not too many palms here. we trim the occasional palm but mostly we work with live oaks, water oaks, laurel oaks and slash pines.
e=as far as no chipper, i wont work for companies that use one. too noisy, too dangerous for noobs, too time consuming. we just take it all to the street for the loader truck

here's the saws. thought i'd show the enormous bar for the 880 as well, although it doesnt get much use.
880, 660, 280, 390, 440 (not shown) 192t, 210, 250
DSC00029.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, where do you get tracks like that. Why did you go to the duel wheel set up?

tracks mess up the ground less. the duals are part of the track setup, they'd be useless on grass/dirt and are made for the tracks

Are you in the Brooksville/Ridge Manor area or even better Dade City? I would like to have the chance to work with a company to learn some better technique. My work for free for your training.

I have all of my own equipment as far as saws and I am using a friends climbing gear until I am able to buy my own.

Saws: 2x 025 16" bars
1x 290 18" and 20" bars
1x 361 18" and 20" bars
1x 200T 14" bar
1x HT131
1x KM130 with pruner and extension for daily use
Dead 026 not because it is totally dead but because it has so many issues that it would be better to buy a new one vs. fixing the old one.

PM me if possible and let me know if you can use a volunteer sometimes. Thanks

Brian

naw, we're in central fl. not too many palms here. we trim the occasional palm but mostly we work with live oaks, water oaks, laurel oaks and slash pines.
e=as far as no chipper, i wont work for companies that use one. too noisy, too dangerous for noobs, too time consuming. we just take it all to the street for the loader truck

Town I live in just goes with the skidsteer/grapple and right into a garbage truck. Happens way faster than a chipper but I am not buying a garbage truck.

Latest posts

Back