European Chainsaw Pants?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanLogger

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Does anyone know where or how I can get a pair of Stihl HiFlex Chainsaw Pants and/or Stretch Air(Pfanner) Chainsaw pants with out ordering them from the other side of the pond? Are they available anywhere in the US?

If you are going to order some go with pfanner ,,, they are better then the rest ,,

type c protects the whole leg front and back while the type A's only cover the front of you legs. As for the pants themselves I have a pair of hi-flexs, pfanner quick stops and a set of sip 5.1 and 6.1's and award for the best pair goes hands down to the pfanners. In fact in the winter time I only wear them and none of the other pairs and they are holding up great. They are the only set of saw trousers I'll buy from now on.

type c protects the whole leg front and back while the type A's only cover the front of you legs. As for the pants themselves I have a pair of hi-flexs, pfanner quick stops and a set of sip 5.1 and 6.1's and award for the best pair goes hands down to the pfanners. In fact in the winter time I only wear them and none of the other pairs and they are holding up great. They are the only set of saw trousers I'll buy from now on.
can you get a pic of them? here is my hi-flex
attachment.php
i got them from the UK

Last edited:
I was looking around online, and I was wondering if these are European Chainsaw Pants? Just wondering...:jester:

attachment.php

OK, sorry...

Does anyone know where or how I can get a pair of Stihl HiFlex Chainsaw Pants and/or Stretch Air(Pfanner) Chainsaw pants with out ordering them from the other side of the pond? Are they available anywhere in the US?

I haven't tried the Pfanner pants I've always used SIP. I'm going back to England in July so I'll be shopping then but reading the other posts they are available here. I would like to try some myself.

My friend is a Stihl stockist so if you can't find them here I would bring some back for you.

I didn't know Pfanner made chainsaw pants, I thought they just made kevlar padded climbing pants? (like the ones Bear Grylls wears).

Having had both the Hiflex and Stretch-air, I'd say the Stretch air are by far the tougher and longer lasting out of the two. While the hiflex are definately more comfortable, lighter and cooler in hot weather, the outer fabric seems to degrade quite rapidly.....mine were in tatters after 12 months.

Sherrill Tree now carries pfanner chainsaw pants, they just came out with their new website, which has them listed on it.

http://www.sherrilltree.com/Professional-Gear/Chainsaw-Protected-Clothing/Pfanner-Chainsaw-Pants

That's it I'm getting some. I've been shopping till I'm dropping lately. This site is site lures you into buying new kit all the time LOL Hope Nailsbeats hasn't seen this post he's spent enough already. Those pants are pricey but they are widely considered to be the dogs b****cks!

Yeah $400 is a price for just one set of pants but I look at it this way. I have a very hi deductible for my health insurance. I can cut through MANY pairs of these pants and still be under that deductible. Let alone the amount of money I would loose while not working. I tell all the guys I sub out to when they say I'm crazy for spending that type of money on pants I simply reply back "It's the cheapest insurance out there"

I've heard that the Stihl pants dont take to much of a beating, compared to the Pfanner og zip, but I dont have any first hand experience.

Now my ground guy has a new pair of stihl pants, so I guess I'll see how they work out. He had an old pair of Pfanner pants and wore them day out and day inn, and they held up good. They died though, as he melted a large hole in them while using an angel grinder :bang:

Pfanner

Does anyone know the difference between Type A and Type C chainsaw pants?

Look in on Sherril, they have one modell. I sell to treeclimber Pfanner "Arborist" and more guys choose thier new modell "Gladiator".
The letters stands for sort of protection and we have speedclasses on sawchain.
Type A protection on the front of trouser and type C all a round Your leg.
Then it can be differenr classes from 0 and 4 (think its 4) 0 is 16 m/sec
In Sweden the popular modell is Type A and class 2 (20 m/sec) Booth in trousers and yuor boots.

I've heard that the Stihl pants dont take to much of a beating, compared to the Pfanner og zip, but I dont have any first hand experience.

Now my ground guy has a new pair of stihl pants, so I guess I'll see how they work out. He had an old pair of Pfanner pants and wore them day out and day inn, and they held up good. They died though, as he melted a large hole in them while using an angel grinder :bang:

I have seen SIP pants in action, and they pulled the saw clean out of the guys hand! His legs were fine.

Back