Ever play hooky from work to cut wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrider

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Has anyone every called out from work and went and cut wood instead? I am doing just that today
and while on a water break, I just had to share my excitement.

I have done this before, because cutting wood was more exciting than sitting in a cubicle!

No, but I did need to use a sick day after receiving a concussion and six stitches in my forehead from a sapling whipping me on a Sunday while cutting firewood. I had also "borrowed" my company truck and had to have my wife return it since I was decommissioned.

Has anyone every called out from work and went and cut wood instead? I am doing just that today
and while on a water break, I just had to share my excitement.

Isn't it amazing that sometimes something as simple as taking a day off work brings such enjoyment a day in the woods cutting or well for that matter a day just outside doing anything

Ever had a job at home you really needed to get done outdoors and the weather was perfect and the only thing stopping you was your job?

No, me neither:biggrin:

Nope....

Nope...never did that one, but tell ya what I did do once back in my 20s...called into the factory at around 10 am after not showing...got the foreman "where are you, what's going on"? (normally joe reliable, no days off, always on time, etc)

I sez "having woman trouble here.." "What"? "yep, I'm in bed with a beautiful woman (with giggles in the background from her) and it's just too much trouble to come to work today"...

Didn't get fired neither and he was laughing when he hung up....

As a retired Police Officer I suggest: Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof

Or as comedian Ron White says, I had the right to remain silent, but not the ability to use it.:hmm3grin2orange:

sometimes it is just more fun to go let some chips fly kind of a stress reliver for me out there just you and the saw having fun smellin than 2 cycle gas burnin think i might have to call in to work with a case of it myself:hmm3grin2orange:

Not often. That's the beauty of working the 3-11 shift. I can cut a load like this one in the morning before work and still get to work on time. Usually after a good morning of wood cutting, I'm tired and need to go to work and relax anyway! This was this morning's load, I left the house at 10:00 and was home by 12:30, cutting about 8 miles away:

attachment.php

That's my 3rd load this week, and I hope to get a couple more this weekend. Tomorrow I have to get splitting and get the truck empty though. Lots of tops in there, I most of what needs splitting is visible in the pic, shouldn't take more than an hour or so to split and stack.

I also follow the rule of never waste a sick day being sick. Most of mine get burned in the summer, when I can sit in the boat, drink beer, and think up fish stories to tell the next day at work. Wednesday is my favorite sick day, everyone else likes Friday or Monday, but take a Wed off and you've got a mini weekend and a 2 day week on either side of it.

Not often. That's the beauty of working the 3-11 shift. I can cut a load like this one in the morning before work and still get to work on time. Usually after a good morning of wood cutting, I'm tired and need to go to work and relax anyway! This was this morning's load, I left the house at 10:00 and was home by 12:30, cutting about 8 miles away:

That's my 3rd load this week, and I hope to get a couple more this weekend. Tomorrow I have to get splitting and get the truck empty though. Lots of tops in there, I most of what needs splitting is visible in the pic, shouldn't take more than an hour or so to split and stack.

I also follow the rule of never waste a sick day being sick. Most of mine get burned in the summer, when I can sit in the boat, drink beer, and think up fish stories to tell the next day at work. Wednesday is my favorite sick day, everyone else likes Friday or Monday, but take a Wed off and you've got a mini weekend and a 2 day week on either side of it.

Hey, what's that funny lookin' white dirt stuff all over the ground?

Got freeking spring peepers peeping here, dandelions out, crocuses (? something like that..) up and yellow flowers, saw one skeeter the other day and now flashflood warnings and tornadoes...ain't that special.

Making my yard bigger and hauled out about a cord and half of oak and put about 4 more cords on the ground today...its tough being sick!

Latest posts

Back