Ever seen a chain like this?!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The back side was cut that way for chip release the guy that made that chain we ran on his's 2100 he worked for husqvana. When I meet him in 1980 he wanted me to run his race saw because he couldn't. He would build the saw and file the chain I just ran then the chains we used back then were Carlton A1 we had two saws one was a 2100 piped alcohol for hot saw races and the 2100 that he build for me for open class
I do know that it's need to ran on saw that turn serious rpm
The chain that I send to brad and the chain that I still have are worn out,I just send him a piece to show him how to file it but the size of the cutter are close

I've noticed that when my chain gets really "small" like that it does cut faster. And hey! the saw weighs less too! I have found that if you hook something hard enough, it doesn't matter how much tooth is left, it can rip off cutters. I have a 28" chain with less than ten minutes on it since new that is in my scrap chain pile. I cut out some sections and it will either become a shorter chain or be a donor for one that met a similar fate. I hit a big spike with it.

Latest posts

Back