Excercise for excercise's sake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 !!

I have always hated exercise for the sake of exercising - it's just damn painful drudgery to me. Gimme a saw, shovel or hammer - something to be productive and I can go and go (although not as long as I used to, LOL).

Earlier in the year I was at 218 lbs. and walking for over an hour each day had little to no effect on my weight, Just by changing my eating habits I have lost over 20 lbs. even though I have stopped walking.

Ditto. Stopped drinking so much Coke. Whole grains. More chicken and salads. I am not able to find enough time to work cutting/splitting, so diet is my weight loss plan for now. Lost 30 lbs. since July. Down to 207 and I still feel like I eat good.

I want to be active when my kids have kids. My dad can't get around(weight) and I see what he misses in being with my kids. Your health is the most important thing you possess so don't mess with it.

The older you get the harder you have to try... at least that's my experience. A routine helps a lot and making progress gives you momentum. If you think of eating fabulously well and exercising as a hobby, that can really be helpful too.

An MP3 player puts me in the mood for the treadmill and keeps my pace up. You don't even know HOW effective it is until you try it!

Latest posts

Back