Exhaust fan in the basement??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MechanicMatt

Cut Split Stack Burn
Reaction score
Does any body else have a home made exhaust fan in there basement?? Its to freakin cold outside to play in the shed so the man cave has been relocated into the basement. I play when the two little girls are in bed and when the fan is on Im usually running a saw. It works great, cardboard shoots and box fan lead to a little window, the only problem is my wife usually gives me the " if you wake the girls up your $%%^#% dead!" speech. She doesn't even see how Im saving every thing from the sweet smell of two stroke for her benefit.

If I fired up a saw in the house, I would be permanantly relocated to the man cave on another property.

^^^^^ Indeed.

I do, however, have a kerosene heater in the garage, so it's tolerable out there.

I have one in the bathroom.....none in the shop I just open a window.

I have filled a 20lb propane tank several times to heat my garage for short times. It is starting to add up money wise and Iam looking forward to warmer weather fast. In a couple of days they are calling for a high of 2 degrees:msp_blink:

I would realy like to put in a nat. gas line in my garage but I am to cheap I guess or just dumb enough to continue using the propane tank.

If I brought a saw in the house she might relocate it somewhere that will do bodily harm to me.

On a good note though we saw three geese fyling north today :clap:

Does any body else have a home made exhaust fan in there basement?? Its to freakin cold outside to play in the shed so the man cave has been relocated into the basement. I play when the two little girls are in bed and when the fan is on Im usually running a saw. It works great, cardboard shoots and box fan lead to a little window, the only problem is my wife usually gives me the " if you wake the girls up your $%%^#% dead!" speech. She doesn't even see how Im saving every thing from the sweet smell of two stroke for her benefit.

Not at my house but have spent a lot of time in basement shops. Becareful if you have a gas fired appilance down there as well. In one of the shops the exhaust fan would cause the mainstake to backdraft if the fan was running and then turned off but the EF baffle was not closed. The reason I was there was to see what was happening because the owner was getting headaches in his basement.

Back