Exhaust melted into oil tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put it all back together last night (made sure the muffler halves were properly aligned) and made a few test cuts. Seems to be good to go. The real test will be tomorrow when I go cut some firewood. I'll take this one along and put it through its paces.

View attachment 571991

RTV'ed in place for an oil proof seal.

View attachment 571992

Layer of JB weld over the whole deal. I scored the plastic lightly with a utility knife so it could adhere.

Test fit the muffler to check clearance and we're good to go. She'll cure until Thursday morning and then I'm going to cut some wood.

Next I'll contact Husqvarna and get the ball rolling on discussions about offering this customization on a few saws each year as a factory option. It's apparent they under-engineer their saws.

Don't worry AS members will be able to have this customization done on their saws too. Maybe a group buy at a discounted rate.

So you messed up getting the muffler back together properly, but now its Husqvarnas problem because they didn't make it idiot proof? :ices_rofl:

Ok man, whatever. :cheers:

I should have put up a winking emoji to convey my sarcasm, but trust me the sarcasm was thick.

I assumed that might have been the case, really.

But on the other hand, several posted in nice ways about the improper installation of the muffler but you never did fess up that, that was the case.

Don't worry, this issue has been brought up here before and not just on this brand and model of saw. You were not the first and probably won't be the last to do this. :laugh:

View attachment 571991

RTV'ed in place for an oil proof seal.

View attachment 571992

Layer of JB weld over the whole deal. I scored the plastic lightly with a utility knife so it could adhere.

Test fit the muffler to check clearance and we're good to go. She'll cure until Thursday morning and then I'm going to cut some wood.

Next I'll contact Husqvarna and get the ball rolling on discussions about offering this customization on a few saws each year as a factory option. It's apparent they under-engineer their saws.

Don't worry AS members will be able to have this customization done on their saws too. Maybe a group buy at a discounted rate.

that saw should not be confused with a real husky! pretty sweet fix, i normally peel those off to see what's underneath and repair it better but that;s one i would be upset to put the work into peeling it off only to see that big hole underneath.

I replaced the cat muffler on my Dolmar to an earlier non-cat muffler, they seem to run cooler..That burned place is pretty common on the 350 Husqvarna..

I'm not seeing your point here. The saw in mention wasn't a model with a cat muffler and the 350 was known for some of them getting loose mufflers and burning the case up closer to the cyl. Nothing in common here with someone's error in putting parts back together and causing this.

that saw should not be confused with a real husky! pretty sweet fix, i normally peel those off to see what's underneath and repair it better but that;s one i would be upset to put the work into peeling it off only to see that big hole underneath.

Yeah right, not a real Husky? Like I just mentioned the 350 is a real Husky and burnt cases seem to happen way more often on those then the so called imitation Husqvarna's. :ices_rofl:

I took it with me yesterday to cut some firewood and ran two tanks through it. The repair held up fine, no leaks and no distortion to the layer of JB from heat.

It will keep a freebie saw in use for a while.
I'm glad the repair is working out so far. Which other Huskys have similar mufflers that are prone to this type of muffler assembly error? I'm about to pick up a 36 and wonder if I should pull the muffler as soon as I get it to ensure this isn't and won't become a problem.

I'm glad the repair is working out so far. Which other Huskys have similar mufflers that are prone to this type of muffler assembly error? I'm about to pick up a 36 and wonder if I should pull the muffler as soon as I get it to ensure this isn't and won't become a problem.

The 36 is the same, and this is not a problem with these saws at all. You have to pay at least a little bit of attention when putting the muffler on to make sure the outer cover is seated inside the inner muffler

Yeah right, not a real Husky? Like I just mentioned the 350 is a real Husky and burnt cases seem to happen way more often on those then the so called imitation Husqvarna's. :ices_rofl:

a 350 is a husky melted tank or not. i wasn't talking about the hole having anything to do with it not being confused with a husky. that poulan in husky colors is not to be confused with a real husky :D it seems you are confusing it with a 350 husky though lol

The 36 is the same, and this is not a problem with these saws at all. You have to pay at least a little bit of attention when putting the muffler on to make sure the outer cover is seated inside the inner muffler
Thanks, Mark. I'll do my best, which isn't saying much.

Back