Extreme Stihl Dealer Dissapointment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone has addressed this. It's not haggling per se that's annoying, it's playing one dealer off another that's annoying. If someone wants to make an offer that's less, that's one thing, but to say "Billy Bob Rabbit Thumper down the road will sell it for x, will you sell it for y is just annoying." What that tells the dealer right off is that the dude is going around wasting people's time and is not interested in making an honest deal. There is much talk of dealers being rude, but customers acting in this fashion is every bit as rude, probably more so.

I agree. If you want to be treated well, treat others well, and that includes those with whom you do business, both as a buyer and a seller. Many people make a game of hammering out the last nickel on a deal, and they have no regard for those with whom they are dealing; it's all about getting as much as they can, and they are obsessed with gaining the greatest advantage over others.

What amazes me is the amount of time and energy they spend going all around playing one guy off against the other. If they save $50.00, but spend six hours and five gallons of fuel, where is the advantage in that? My time is worth more than that. Nobody gains, everybody loses in a scenario such as that. Sane stewardship of one's financial resources is one thing, but it's not that.

Now, now Ron. If you can dish it out be sure you can take it back.;) As you can tell, you are in the minority of Stihl bashers. Why is that? There ain't many out there because Stihl makes a darn good product. So when your "kind" comes out to play, I'll be here to kick ya'll right back under the bridge.:biggrinbounce2:
Where did I mention YOUR bits? Maybe I was talking about the ones I used from Blowes that really did blow. Hand sharpeing works much better...

Aw chill man,that way yesterday !
btw; you mentioned diamond bits,product i sell,rules say "product" like i could care..
well,stihl does make a good product,but there are reasons there are other brands and i prefer them.only thing that gets me besides not liking to work on them is the completely blind without reason brand loyalty with no room for any recognition of the finer points of another brand.. so i bash,and it is fun seeing the defenders get all wound up :)
yeh,those stones from blowes do blow,notice my ad a little more,these are not like that. in fact,pm me your shipping ad and i will send you one FREE of charge,no shipping,no nothing. just to try it and see how for somebody not good with a file how well and easy they can touch up a chain nicely..

Originally Posted by THALL10326
I can vouch for you, you don't haggle, hell you don't even hint at wanting a break. Thats why you got the discounts on that load of Stihl you carried home.

I never haggle, that may be the reason that I get the better deals anyway - but I am not really sure.....:D

Regarding Stihl dealers, the quality of them here vary a lot more than the Husky ones, but I still have one that is good - the others suck though, and have no in-house service.

I drive by 3 stihl dealers just to get to the one I like to do biz with...and hes not always the cheapest. Theres a lot more ways for a dealer to show you that he wants your business and appreciates your business than just selling stuff cheaper. I agree that sometimes the Hall guy comes across as an arrogant prick. But Im pretty sure that if I lived within 50 miles of him he'd be my dealer

Yeah, I used to drive by 2 to get to the one I liked to go to. Loved the stock on the close one, except for big saw parts (never 066 parts in stock). Then one day, I ordered parts and they not only gigged me for 50-100%over MSRP for the parts (depended on the parts), they charged me freight (because I needed parts fast an didn't want to wait for regular order), then ordered with their regular order, and it took them two days to sort out the two tubs of stuff to get mine out. When I unloaded on the manager, he didn't understand why I was so pissed. I would have taken the added parts cost for convenience, and paid shipping, but having paid the price and saw no benefit and an added two day delay on top of the other two day delay on the regular order vs special order, I was about ready to turn them inside out.

I don't mind someone making money on me, just give me service. I found a better dealer, but it was fun to tell them about my Huskies.

There is a Husqvarna dealer in my area that is $40-50 over MSRP. And considers that their "sale" price. I walked in, looked at that tag and walked right back out. I find that insulting. They must think the buying public doesn't know how to use the internet.

Got the same nonsense in SoCAL when I walked in to order a new 390xp... note the MS660 in the sig.

I'm working on a stihl 028 rite now,or was.found a rotted fuel line.
dealer told the owner $150 to fix the saw !! told him the plastic seat the hi speed jet sits on was bad :laugh: WTF ???????

Back