Facecut question.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as learning from the old timers..... some of them are very crude in their felling technique. Some are good. But all of them are still around due to their situational awareness. Work on picking up that from the experienced guys first. Then make nice stumps. If you make your first 1000 stumps perfect, then get. killed, was it worth it? Look up, look around, be aware.

Maybe I'm missing something here but every "perfect" stump I have ever sawed was the product of a well executed fall. Aka tree in lead, saved out cause of being in lead and kept the operator safe. Of course there are many other concerns, but a good stump usually means things went right.

Who is the bestest ever super-saw port hole builder for my Stihl Farm Boss?

Oops... my bad...thought this was the chainsaw forum.

Thanks Sam. Right back to you.

And...I need to buy a saw. Which saw should I buy? I want one that will prune rose bushes, cut OG Redwood, mill 36inch slabs, mow the lawn, run forever on darn poor maintenance, look really cool in the back of my pickup, and not cost over 300 dollars. Any ideas?

And...I need to buy a saw. Which saw should I buy? I want one that will prune rose bushes, cut OG Redwood, mill 36inch slabs, mow the lawn, run forever on darn poor maintenance, look really cool in the back of my pickup, and not cost over 300 dollars. Any ideas?

I would recomend one of those green & purple Wild Thangs.

Andy

... missed your daily meds again huh?

Back