Fair price for this saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
"Stihl ms 660 chainsaw with 28in bar and 3 rapid full skip chains and one 36in bar with 2 rapid full skip chains.This saw is only three weeks old in showroom condition. The 28 in bar and chains are new never used and the 36in bar is slightly used and one chain is new never used"

I'm expecting close to retail if its actually in the condition described. What would you guys offer for it? I've looked up retail for the 28 inch bar model and see its around 1100 from local dealers. If its a good deal
I'll most likely snatch this up (as long as it not stolen). gonna call tomorrow about it and see if I can look at it sometime this week or next and take some cash to try and strike a deal.

I wouldnt pay over 500 uless it is really pristine.

there is a guy here selling an 084, a west coast style 066 and a 029 for a grand for all three right now.

IMHO it depends how close to retail the asking price is. If the difference is only a couple hundred I'm going new from a dealer, complete with warranty, but that's me. Things can happen to a saw even in a couple weeks. Used is after all, used. I guess it varies what piece of mind is worth. Of course you can figure in the extra B/C setup, that ain't cheap.

Good luck, everyone should have a 660 in the stable.:rockn:

IMHO it depends how close to retail the asking price is. If the difference is only a couple hundred I'm going new from a dealer, complete with warranty, but that's me. Things can happen to a saw even in a couple weeks. Used is after all, used. I guess it varies what piece of mind is worth. Of course you can figure in the extra B/C setup, that ain't cheap.

Good luck, everyone should have a 660 in the stable.:rockn:

I agree. The warranty is worth a few hundred to me. I bought mine for 700 in pristine condition and would have paid 800 for it. But to pay any more than that I would rather just buy new. Maybe 900 with all the accessories but no more than that.

Honestly, I would start with 800 and see what he says, go from there. You offer more than he wants he's not gonna say "well thats too much". He's gonna say "sold".

If he wouldnt come below $875 I would just save and go with a new one or go with a 576xp Husky, I don't need something this big but for the price of a new husky I would buy it used cause it would be the upper limit of what I need, I'd probably sell the 36" B&C though.

ive missed out on saws by a matter of hours. call now go now offer 700 max if it looks like new

"Stihl ms 660 chainsaw with 28in bar and 3 rapid full skip chains and one 36in bar with 2 rapid full skip chains.This saw is only three weeks old in showroom condition. The 28 in bar and chains are new never used and the 36in bar is slightly used and one chain is new never used"

I'm expecting close to retail if its actually in the condition described. What would you guys offer for it? I've looked up retail for the 28 inch bar model and see its around 1100 from local dealers. If its a good deal
I'll most likely snatch this up (as long as it not stolen). gonna call tomorrow about it and see if I can look at it sometime this week or next and take some cash to try and strike a deal.

so, did you get the saw???

Latest posts

Back