Family Pics- My Saw Collection

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bryan what's the difference between the 2100 and the 288
The earlier post got caught up with to fast of finger typing you need the 650 to go with that nice husq. Collection haha
Neighbor has a 288 he's wanting to give to me but going need some work just don't know if I want to put the much in it

Bryan what's the difference between the 2100 and the 288
The earlier post got caught up with to fast of finger typing you need the 650 to go with that nice husq. Collection haha
Neighbor has a 288 he's wanting to give to me but going need some work just don't know if I want to put the much in it
Don't even think about it... Just get it!

Don't even think about it... Just get it!

yep 288 is a no brainer.... especially if he is just "giving you"..

Danny,
I had a good looking orig 064 that I sold on here a few months ago right after porting it. I probably shouldnt have sold it but I got in a little selling frenzy there for a bit. My CAD has stabilized and I dont see myself selling or buying any for a while. Ive got 3 or 4 to port so dont need to be adding any more until those are done.

I had a 2100 and love it but someone loved it more so where does the 288 stand
The 288 all there looks like a new jug and piston also he got a 2100 that needs a lot of
Work that goes with the 288 so what your saying is to get it is that right

Did someone say 288? Here is my Lite with 36" rw bar and Pro Safety wrap. Very low hours on it. Inspection sticker still on the bottom from new. Just sharing, NOT for sale.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411787792881.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411787792881.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 98
  • uploadfromtaptalk1411787815514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411787815514.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 89
Went to look at that 288 and 2100 the 2100 not much the 288 turned out to be a 285xp there is something to work with on that one it looks like so I took them home

The 285 is the same basic saw as the 298/2100/2101 but with only 85cc, matter of fact the 298/1100/2100/2101 top end and fuel tank are direct bolt on parts. Biggest difference between them are the 285 lacks the manual oiler, it uses a different style recoil and I believe a different flywheel.
Not quite a 288... ;)

yep 288 is a no brainer.... especially if he is just "giving you"..

Danny,
I had a good looking orig 064 that I sold on here a few months ago right after porting it. I probably shouldnt have sold it but I got in a little selling frenzy there for a bit. My CAD has stabilized and I dont see myself selling or buying any for a while. Ive got 3 or 4 to port so dont need to be adding any more until those are done.

Yeah, right. Pshhhh! Whatever, Steven.

Even Clint (Graham) is more realistic than that…………..LOL!!!

Not quite a 288... ;)
It will set hear till someone wants it I'm not going to anything with it he was going to put it in the trash, it looks like a little work and someone can get her running

To the OP.......GREAT thread and thanks for sharing. Even for someone who is not all Husky, its hard not to appreciate the time, effort and committment involved to amass such a nice collection. l have met some great people and learnt a lot from the AS membership, this thread is a classic case of forging the right relationships with the right people to better our lives through a common interest of chainsaws. God bless!!

To the OP.......GREAT thread and thanks for sharing. Even for someone who is not all Husky, its hard not to appreciate the time, effort and committment involved to amass such a nice collection. l have met some great people and learnt a lot from the AS membership, this thread is a classic case of forging the right relationships with the right people to better our lives through a common interest of chainsaws. God bless!!

Thank you. And that was very well said.

Now for my very best.... this is the 3rd saw that I bought in a package deal from KilliansRedLeo on another site. He posted a thread stating that I had first shot at it.... but wanted to share the eye candy. Boy of boy that thread had a bunch of post by the time I came home and found it. My first post..... "PM sent!":chop: This is a NOS never seen fuel, stock, MINT 268xp. And it is staying that way.... since I have plenty others to play with. Im loving these 2 series Husq saws. Only one more alludes me... I know "where" and "who".... but so far... he is a fan too. It's a hard sell when the feller's a collector too.....Yeah, Im talking about you- Brad!:ices_rofl::rock: Oh if only I could find a mint 288 I would feel my collection is complete..:heart::D

View attachment 370316 View attachment 370317 View attachment 370318
I know where there is a nos 281 still in the box , but cant get it right now , I will have to put up some serious cash to land it plus the owner will use it when his other 281's wear out , he realy does not want to sell it , but I am working on him !!!!!!

I know where there is a nos 281 still in the box , but cant get it right now , I will have to put up some serious cash to land it plus the owner will use it when his other 281's wear out , he realy does not want to sell it , but I am working on him !!!!!!
Who the Hell would use it?!

Latest posts

Back