Family still growing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Norwegian Wood

Norwegian Wood

ArboristSite Operative
Family still growing. Husky 242G with problems arrived today

It's seized, but I'm able to turn it over by hand.
Any suggestion?

DSCI0002-4.jpg

DSCI0001-4.jpg

Last edited:

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
LOL! If it was seized you wouldn't be able to turn it over by hand. Good find, should be able to find parts for them. I have seen some parts on Ebay for that model. Keep the pics coming. :cheers:

Norwegian Wood

Norwegian Wood

ArboristSite Operative
I can turn it by hand but it takes more torque on some spots.(If that's understandable)
How do I dismantle the saw so I can take a look at the piston, maybe change the piston?

Norwegian Wood

Norwegian Wood

ArboristSite Operative
I've taken the cylinder off and the cylinder does'nt look so bad, but the piston look like :censored: .

I'll see if I can take some photos off it, but the front and rear of the piston have some serious grooves.
How much should you be able too move the piston from side to side?, can the bearing be so worn that the piston get out of alignment?

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
50 16 315-01 Or???

That is not a serial number - more like a part/item number.

Other numbers on the plate?

Edit;

It is a 1989, unless someone swapped the top cover with another saw, as it has the 300 year anniverery label on the cover - didn't notise at first.

Here is a workshop manual that cover later versions of that saw + lots of others.

Last edited:

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
But what causes this? I wont put in a new cylinder before I know if there's something else wrong.
How do I check the "rodbearing"

Could be a variety of things. Most likely it is from a lean running condition. I would check the seals and gaskets when you put it back together. If you pressure/vac test the saw before you run it, that would be best.

Latest posts