Farm All tractor?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjett84724

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just came across a Farm All tractor for sale. The thing runs great. It's obviously an older tractor with a PTO on the back. The owner asked me if I would give him $900 for it. Is this tractor worth that much? :confused:He is also throwing in a working hay bailer, and a full size swather. He claims the swather ran when he parked it 5 years ago. So hopefully it won't take to much to get it going again.

This guy is cleaning out his yard. He told me that he has several B&S 12 HP engines sitting in his shop that I can have. He also gave me a cylinder that is the twin to the one on my wood splitter. He found several pumps from his tow truck business that he said I can take too!! SCORE!!!!:cheers:

Tractors seem to hold value well, I think you should shop around though. Old bailers are a nightmare usually. Lots of maintnence and upkeep needed. Personally I would look for something newer with a diesel motor.

Not sure but

If you are getting all that other stuff for free then do the guy a favor and buy the tractor. If it runs good and has good rubber on it, then it will do 900.00 dollars worth of work for you no problem. And if you average it out with all the other stuff then it will be far less than 900 dollars.

Just my thought.

Korey

$900 for all of that is a steal if the tractor even runs. The bailer will work even if it needs a few new parts. I would buy it if you are even slightly interested.

Me too on what model FarmAll.

They produced midgets to monsters size

If it is any one of the lettered series, A thru SuperMTA, they can always and anywhere be had in varying degrees of very good and better condition for $900.

None had 3 point hitch, and most had narrow front ends....BIG deficiencies

Not big grab it bargain in my book.

As noted used balers are pretty much down to haul it away and it's yours.

BIG $$$ repairs always, and usually right when needed most.

Round Balers are only way anybody wants to go now a days

The Farm All tractor has a diesel motor in it. Not sure on the model number. It's a big one. If I had to guess it's probably 30 horsepower. I have 8+ acres that I could use the tractor on. I was thinking of using the bailer for parts - to build a wood processor:greenchainsaw: My boys could use the processor for firewood to make a little extra money.

Found this picture of a refurbished Farmall. It's about the size we have at our church. But in way better condition. It is used for grass cutting and snowplowing.
attachment.php

If it has a diesel motor in it then 900 $ is a good deal. Good idea on using some of the other equipment for different uses. You can always sell those 12hp briggs and recoupe some of your money.

Beefie

To be a Farmall it could be anything from a Cub to 400MTA. If its a diesel then its at least an M size tractor but will in the 40ish HP range. Tractorbynet is not the place as that is mostly new CUT (compact utility tractor) type stuff. Either FarmallCub.com or Yesterdaystractor.com will be the place for antiques. Yes many were narrow front end but many were wide too and narrow ain't as bad as you think provided it doesn't have a loader on it. Both my Allis CA and Farmall H are narrow and neither have been a problem. A university did a study on tractor rollover and found a wide front will roll as easily as a narrow misspelling the age old mith on narrow front tractors. Basically something any oldtimer already knew.
With everything mentioned its a no brainer. More than likely the tractor itself it easily worth the 900.

If the tractor has a diesel motor, it definitely is not one of the A thru M models I cited above, and may very well be worth every bit of $900.

For example 656 and 706 diesels were technically called " International FarmAlls. and are brutes of machines that with proper care last lifetimes. (and had 3 point)

Good idea for baler. Have seen pics of ram being splitter arm.

Guess you can see from differing opinions above, tractors are really only worth what ONE guy is willing to pay at any ONE moment in time

Last edited:
The older WD series Farmall were Diesels, WD6 and WD9. WD stands for wheeled diesel, late 1940's or so. Later Diesels of 30hp or so were the 300 series. Nice utility tractors. There were others too, just don't remember them all. WD's were more heavy drawbar tractors, more for heavy tillage.
Lots of pictures on the net, find a look alike and post it.
Smaller tractors in the 30hp or so range have always sold quite well and bring very good prices. At $900 it may be a fair price or a great bargain depending on condition and model, and condition of the rubber. A good set of tires can set you back nearly that much.

Any Farmall that runs is worth 900 bucks.

If needed, a refurb can be done cheaply enough on most of them, and they are just slightly less simple then a Brick to work on.

If all else fails, getting your $$$ back out it ain't a problem.
Just pressure wash it, paint it, slap new decals on it, and sell it as "Needs work" for 1500 bucks like every else does.. LOL!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Well if you do get it just be careful when hauling wood with it. That doesn't have a 3PH, because of the big wheels it will flip you faster than you can react if a dragged log were too hit a stump.

I don't want to scare you but we use to haul wood out with an H model. Also if that has to 2 front wheels close together you don't want to run that on hilly terrain either.

And watch out with that sickle mower...it's a finger nipper.

Other than that it would depend on the condition of the tires. If the tires are slick and weather checked I'd pass on it.

Well if you do get it just be careful when hauling wood with it. That doesn't have a 3PH, because of the big wheels it will flip you faster than you can react if a dragged log were too hit a stump.

I don't want to scare you but we use to haul wood out with an H model. Also if that has to 2 front wheels close together you don't want to run that on hilly terrain either.

And watch out with that sickle mower...it's a finger nipper.

Other than that it would depend on the condition of the tires. If the tires are slick and weather checked I'd pass on it.

Sickle mower?
LOL!!!!
Savage, I ain't tellin', but I suspect we both got the same lecture a LOOOOOOONG time ago. LOL!
Deadly, but dangit the things were handy.
I wont touch one with a 10' pole today though.

I saw a skidder fabbed out of a trashed 4 row cultivator a couple years back that would be a PEACH for an old draw bar only tractor.
Reminded me of a log arch but lifted from the rear with a sliding tongue.
Home fabbed all the way.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I don't have the water shares to farm the ground we live on yet. If I can start picking up pieces here and there and eventually farm enough alfalfa to feed my animals, then I would be money ahead.

It would be used only around the farm. Chores, land clearing, motorcycle track building for the kids ect.

Latest posts

Back